BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in sending battle results to help shape our campaign?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3 75.00%
  • Ain't nobody got time for that.

0 0%
  • No, but I'll follow along from home (subscribed to the blog)!

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Lightbulb Blackfang Warband Build (Featuring LEDs, Magnets, Traitor Knights & More!)

So I've been working on my CSM Khornate force (renegade Space Wolves) and decided to get some feedback from you fine fellows.

My blog can be found here: [URL="http://battle-brothers.blogspot.com"]http://battle-brothers.blogspot.com[/URL]

Long story short, a longtime friend of mine is building a Raven Guard force simultaneously with my Chaos Marines from the ground up. We'll do narrative, fluff, tactics, builds, painting, conversions, all of it - with the express purpose of having our two armies beat each other into the ground once we're all done. The whole shebang is on our blog, I highly recommend you check it out!

Moreover, we'll be operating a campaign between the two of us, and even want group participation from you, the viewer! If anyone remembers the Armageddon Campaign in the early 2000's, it'll be similar to that. Map based, mail-in results. Once we post some basic outlines on how to proceed, we'll want your help in shaping the world we are currently fighting over! Get involved, you're all invited! It's what the 40k community is all about - making connections (to later destroy that person).

Here's a couple of pics and a video. [Edit: I managed to get to a PC to edit and orient the pictures bette!]. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1544.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	9612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1547.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	9613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	9614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1576.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	216.4 KB 
ID:	9615

Last edited by AndrewDart; 07-22-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Devoted to Khorne. Devoted to glory!
    Battle-brothers.blogspot.com for my latest project.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDart View Post
    Hey gonna dump these photos here, and flesh it out with a proper write up later. Been working on my CSM Khorneate force (renegade Space Wolves) and decided to get some feedback from you fine fellows.

My blog can be found here: [URL="http://battle-brothers.blogspot.com"]http://battle-brothers.blogspot.com[/URL]

Long story short, a longtime friend of mine is building a Raven Guard force simultaneously with my Chaos Marines from the ground up. We'll do narrative, fluff, tactics, builds, painting, conversions, all of it - with the express purpose of having our two armies beat each other into the ground once we're all done.

Here's a couple of pics! (Uploading from an iPad, no idea if it'll work - if not check the blog?). I have a lot more, but will sort them once I get home to a PC.

Cheers!

Attachment 9593
    Attachment 9594Attachment 9595Attachment 9596
    your pictures came out sideways for some reason, however....

really nice work, that first one, what models did you use to make it, I don't recognise much of it at all, but he looks amazing.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

It's the Khorne Lord of Skulls with Knight legs I believe
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Battle-Brother

Default More Pictures!

Yep! Lord of Skulls torso, with Knight legs and some other various leftovers from other CSM kits.

I like how the knight turned out, especially with the lighting, but I'm wondering if I should add impaled marines or guardsmen as trophies? I don't know if the addition of human sized figures will make the model look smaller or bigger (and we obviously want bigger!).

For the heldrake, I added the spare maulerfiend legs to replace the stock chicken talons - I think the end result is a much more impressive flyer. Feels like it can shred armor with these bad boys!

I know it's really a shameless plug, but any of you dudes are wholly encouraged to post on the blog (link in signature) itself so I can keep a lasting record of input and ideas. My build and painting process is shown a little better there, and it would mean a lot to me and my buddy to receive active criticism during the builds!

Thanks guys!

Name:	Heldrake Build.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	9616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heldrake Legs 1.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	9617Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heldrake Legs 2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	9618

This is my sorcerer. In a Khorne army, you say!? He's a corrupted rune-priest, uses some sort of runic and blood magic fluff-wise. I wanted to be sure I kept some elements of the space wolves, and this is a good way to stand out from the Khorne crowd, while keeping it fluffy. Still debating on what schools of magic to use, thoughts?

Name:	IMG_1614.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	9619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	9620

Edit: Thanks to the comments on Facebook (Lolice Rose and David Whitney!), Ive decided to let the rune priest be corrupted by Tzeentch. Not as 'pure' as I would have liked, but I suppose its a logical way to go. Tzeentch and Khorne can work together, after all, for their ultimate nefarious purposes.

I'm also working on my terrain collection. I've had the old Cities of Death (or whatever it was called) set that had like 10 buildings in it. It's all built, but I decided I need some sort of centerpiece to go along with the ruined basilica. Thus, the Skyshield Landing Pad was introduced (with lights, obviously!).

Name:	IMG_1611.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	9621
    Last edited by AndrewDart; 06-27-2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Corrected picture issues

Battle-Brother

Putting a few shots of my unfinished Land Raider up for posterity. Paint needs a little work, but it's close to being done.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	261.5 KB 
ID:	9626

Edit: they're still posting sideways, damn. No more mobile uploading for this guy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	9627  
    Last edited by AndrewDart; 07-22-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Battle-Brother

Painted up my Daemon Prince. Very straightforward job with little conversion - typical colors and stuff, nothing spectacular. I obviously wanted to figure a way to include an LED to have a glowing molten look from within, but I think that's a bit out of my scope. He comes on my EVE Online adventures, as you can tell in the pic.

Name:	IMG_1473.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	9980

I had three leftover justaerin terminators with a whole mess of spare weapons. So I decided to make a set of three Obliterators / Mutilators. Each has a set of arms to swap out to fill each role; either melee goodness or shooty trickery. They look decent, but I'm not sold on the idea. A mutation-heavy unit like this doesn't seem to jive well with a Khorne army (much less a shooting unit!) I may scrap the notion of obliterators/mutilators and just go for three additional standard terminators to bring my squad up to 8. Thoughts?

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	186.7 KB 
ID:	9981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	9982

Land Raider looks good! I like the glow emanating from inside of it. If only you could add a fog machine, now that would be the ultimate...

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by interrogator_chaplain View Post
    Land Raider looks good! I like the glow emanating from inside of it. If only you could add a fog machine, now that would be the ultimate...
    thanks! I intend to put little miniature train fog machines in my terrain pieces. Will look great! Thanks for checking out my stuff I love getting feedback. I especially want to know about those obliterators. I'm on the fence about keeping them.

Well my whole take with Obliterators, is that nobody makes them random enough. Their bodies shift and meld like wax, spawning guns, but you only ever see those guns appear on arms. Chaos is random, the should be sprouting from heads, feet, legs and torso's too. In one of the rare few that I did, a Lasgun was sprouting out of one of its eyes.

You've got a start on that, and this is just me talking here, blades should be coming our of everywhere (But I can aesthetically see where that's not for everyone, but again, Chaos is random and often ugly.)

Battle-Brother

Default Heldrake Flesh!

Why do I think of Beetlejuice after reading what you said? :P

Name:	spikes.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	9987

Also, been painting away at my Heldrake. I'm pleased with the flesh color of the cables and legs. Makes it really feel like an Imperial Fighter pilot that totally succumbed to chaos. Also, looks like it hurt.

Name:	Skin.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	9988

Needs to be cleaned up, but I'm especially fond of the bruising and infected look near the jaw of the beast.
    Last edited by AndrewDart; 07-17-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: More Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast