BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Well, I'll touch on the subject of QA with Ork stuff, to tie it into the original topic.

Aside from the typos that show up in places in the Ork codex for the Kindle (i.e. there's a pair of capital W's in the middle of a sentence for no reason), a more annoying problem has been finding errors with the instructions for various kits. I just assembled a new set of MegaNobz, a Blitza Bomma, and a pair of Deff Dreads, and each set of instructions had somewhere that a part number was wrong. One case was as "harmless" as getting the numbers of a pair of pieces that'd be attached to each other wrong; another had a typo in the first digit of a part number; yet another had the wrong number entirely for a part and I had to look really hard at the part on the sprue and compare it to the illustrations to make sure it was the right part. If I wasn't so experienced at assembling kits, I might have run into serious issues there. That's just not cool.

And any amount of playtesting at all would have told them Knights needed to cost more and shouldn't be an entire army, and that Invisibility shouldn't have gotten into the rulebook in that format.

Scout

So I know this is an old stand by, but it think a great build for a unit is:
    Warboss (135)
    Bike
    Lucky stikk
    PK

Big Mek (120)
    Blitzbike
    KFF

Painboy (80)
    Bike
    Orderly

10 x Nob bikers with 3 x PK (525)

I think this has some real potential if you start turbo boosting around to steal objectives especially.

Speaking of the ork book and typos: pg 53, kustom mega-blasta 5 pts, kustom mega-slugga 10pts. Seems a little fishy to me.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Uberbeast View Post
    Speaking of the ork book and typos: pg 53, kustom mega-blasta 5 pts, kustom mega-slugga 10pts. Seems a little fishy to me.
    Except for the fact that the sluggardly is a pistol which grants you that additional melee attack if you also have a melee weapon. Just a thought.
    Waaaaaaaaaaagh! 'Nuf said.

Dunno, it might seem strange, but Kustom Mega-Slugga can be used as a second close combat weapon.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    they built it, they should damned well fix it
    Except they don't think its broken, you are the one with the problem, not GW. They're happy with their product, as are the majority of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Except they don't think its broken, you are the one with the problem, not GW. They're happy with their product, as are the majority of their customers.
    I doubt the majority are happy about a lot of errors floating around, more that they just can't be arsed to actually say anything, given that Games Workshop has shut down practically all means of communication with customers and has demonstrated that they don't care if you're happy or not so long as they already have your money.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I doubt the majority are happy about a lot of errors floating around, more that they just can't be arsed to actually say anything, given that Games Workshop has shut down practically all means of communication with customers and has demonstrated that they don't care if you're happy or not so long as they already have your money.
    Except that wasn't at all what he or I were talking about, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Can't be arsed, or don't care that much? Hmm. I wonder which it is?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Can't be arsed, or don't care that much? Hmm. I wonder which it is?
    But but, if I am full of impotent nerd-rage at what I perceive to be failure based on my own impossible and often contradictory personal preferences not being fully and completely addressed by a company that produces a product, then surely every single other person must feel exactly the same way??

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast