BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I think this is a hoax/forgery.

I recently stumbled upon this and while it is done up to look like it is some thing from GW using the WD weekly fonts and all but I'm 98% sure its a forgery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1397595066908.png 
Views:	897 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	9623

I post it here to see if anyone can prove me wrong

I find it mostly annoying as it repeats the "Squats was etted by the 'nid, hur dur!" fallacy which annoys the crap out of me.

Also assuming it is fake the mind boggles why you would do it.

Iron Father

I'd have to agree with you it's a fake, but with GW who knows.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Sergeant

While the font and text colors look authentic, the casual tone, the turns of phrase, and the colloquialisms are a little to jokey. Specifically in a non-British way. I call it a fake and a fake it is.

Veteran-Sergeant

In the back of the Dark Millenium book there is a section that has part of that text but I dont remember the part about squats in there

Chapter-Master

Definently fake.

Not sure the main text font is correct, the lines are too long to fit in a WD article and lets face it.....its never going to happen people!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

This is in issue 11 of White Dwarf. I can't tell you the page number as I've only got the digital version and for some reason it says there are 85 pages...stoopid gizmology. But this is definitely there.

Page 29 White Dwarf 11 (new format)

Copied out of a digital version.

nothing fake, squats are dead...
    Last edited by mathhammer; 06-28-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: misspelling

Yeah, even if fake, all that info is really common, and there is even more hard info in books anyway. I think this is from when the Ogryn box came out.

+++++++

The whole squats being eaten by 'nids was a off hand comment from a reader question, back in the day in a White Dwarf. 'Nids only show up in 751.M41, the 'fact' that good ol' commissar Yarkick defended Golgotha Hive with a regiment of squats in 941.M41 helps to point that out. Dan Abnet mentions in Leigon some short Imperial Army clan forces that are extremely prevalent. That would make more sense that they were purged only after the whole chaos makes mutties and chaos is bad realization.

+++++++

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the squats as a race are eaten by nids.

of course there are still billions of em, but they are spread throughout the galaxy, if you want to model up and or include squats in your 40k there is nothing stopping you and nothing in that idea that contradicts the wider ideal that their home worlds were lost.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    the squats as a race are eaten by nids.

of course there are still billions of em, but they are spread throughout the galaxy, if you want to model up and or include squats in your 40k there is nothing stopping you and nothing in that idea that contradicts the wider ideal that their home worlds were lost.
    The wierd thing is that in the Dark Millenium book (page 344 of the e-version under "Abhumans") it talks about Squats but says nothing about the race being Tyranid kibble. It just describes them as one of the most common officially sanctioned abhuman races.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast