BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Of course its the white Dwarf I can't seem to lay my hands on for some reason, i know I bought it...

So its a WD 'writter' not doing his research.

Squats are not extinct, they were retconed out of existence for 3 editions and then reappeared in 6th rewound to their early RT fluff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    The wierd thing is that in the Dark Millenium book (page 344 of the e-version under "Abhumans") it talks about Squats but says nothing about the race being Tyranid kibble. It just describes them as one of the most common officially sanctioned abhuman races.
    It was also in 6th ed. Which I was stoked about as I had started a Squat IG army after acquiring a bunch of them.

I never thought the 'eaten by Tyranids' story made much sense anyway. Aren't Squat homeworlds in the centre of the galaxy? And aren't the 'Nid hive fleets arriving from outside of the galaxy and therefore primarily attacking the fringes? Anyway, even if the Tyranids got the home worlds, there would still be many Squats scattered throughout the galaxy.

What I find more interesting is the stuff about Cadia, Valhalla, and Mordia. I've never owned any IG Codex, but I do still have the WDs from 2nd edition when these regiments were first released. Is this a new addition to the fluff or just something I'd forgotten?

the tyranids are arriving from the top and bottom of the galaxy like a giant mouth closing. So they can eat any planet.

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    nothing fake, squats are dead...
    Don't say that..! We could use some space dwarves..

I do find Beastmen to be kind of a weird addition to the mix though, but whatever...

Scout

Reads like a fake, phrasing is of for gw. Shame though

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post

I do find Beastmen to be kind of a weird addition to the mix though, but whatever...
    Its ok he's full of crap. Squats have just been rewound to their Early Rogue Trader era fluff, just Abhumans, no independent Homeworlds, favoured recruits for the IG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    Page 29 White Dwarf 11 (new format)

Copied out of a digital version.

nothing fake, squats are dead...
    The Dark Millennium book says other wise and as far as canon supremacy goes it trumps WD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Reads like a fake, phrasing is of for gw. Shame though
    Why is it a shame do you hate Squats?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post

Beastmen have been in the lore from the begining, even have IG Sergent with a chainsword, plasma pistol and carpace. The whole idea kinda faded in to the background as more a mutant/chaos thing with a quick blip in a White Dwarf on stable mutants. Cloven hoves are a sign of chaos or evil, and thing else merely a sign of mutation, so not so evil.

Ogrnys and ratlings are barely allowed how the hell do beastmen not get killed off......

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by alpharious View Post
    Ogrnys and ratlings are barely allowed how the hell do beastmen not get killed off......
    In the new Dark Millenium background book is says that Beastmen are in danger of losing their Abhuman status and being classed as Mutants. They are already prohibited from being sent as levies for the Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    In the new Dark Millenium background book is says that Beastmen are in danger of losing their Abhuman status and being classed as Mutants. They are already prohibited from being sent as levies for the Guard.
    Hmm.. so just because they are more mutated than squats and Ogrnys that makes it so Beastmen can't be levied? Better watch out or the Tau will put them to work...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast