BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default How to Magnetize a Space Marine Predator Tank

In this video we show you how to magnetize a space marine predator tank. Thanks for watching!

Veteran-Sergeant

This is fantastic- thanks for the tutorial. What size bolts and magnets did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by EonsOfBattle View Post
    In this video we show you how to magnetize a space marine predator tank. Thanks for watching!

I would, suggest glueing the nut to the bottom side and trim plastic knob off the gun core to still hold the sensor on top.

Seems simple enough, though I think it looks kind of ugly.

Brother-Captain

I personally prefer to buys some extra sponsons on ebay and then magnetize those. That way you can also magnetize some normal doors for a cheaper tank. It works good enough to just glue a piece of sprue on the inside of the hull/door openings and put a magnet on there and on each sponson/door.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

I do like these videos as they are always great little tips and tricks which have taught me a few things...

But I really do not like the fact of using bulky bolt/nut assemblies which require much more work (drilling larger holes, or even having to drill a hole in the first place) rather than simply working out polarity and doing that. Get your polarity wrong? Use an exacto knife to pick it off and switch it round. It really is not that difficult.

1) Glue the mother magnet in place first (the one to which will be there on the model and which all attachments will attach to. This gives you a datum magnet of polarity to work from.)
    2) attach a (lets call it the 'baby' magnet) magnet to the mother magnet, dab some superglue on the 'baby' magnets' exposed side and then press the weapon/attachment onto the baby magnet. Polarity sorted every time correctly, and simple and subtle attachment point sorted.

Then you aren't left with having to make a bolt and screw thread look like it is part of the vehicle when it blatantly looks like a bolt and nut...