BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Grey Knights already had their entire army done (including the flyers) so they got the finger.
    Well, there is no way for us to know why Gk got no new models with their release, so we can't concluding that it was because they didn't lack any models(or didn't need any new ones),
    I would instead offer up the suggestion that the new GK book seems to have been treated more like a supplement codex than a "full release".
    I base this observation mostly on the cover art; Hitherto every major release since the release of 6th edition has had a cover art created by Raymond Swanland. Every supplement codex has had other "random" artists (in this I include the Sisters of Battle and Inquisition codexes, which both was released on the side of or inbetween larger releases, and were both unsupported by a model wave).
    GK got no models with their release, has no Swanland cover art (the cover artist is the same as for SoB) and was released "quickly" inbetween releases.

The conclusion I draw is rather that it seems like GW considered the GK to be more of a "minor" release, or a supplement (based on the way the release was handled), and shouldn't be used when we try to identify trends in releases, in order to try and foretell what's coming.

Observing what I can identify as trends I'd be very surprised if the DE didn't get any new unit entries. Unless I'm forgetting something, there hasn't been a codex release in the 6th/7th that hasn't gotten at least 1 new unit entry in it (and not in 6th either, as far as I can recall, but not completely sure on 5th ed Space Marines). This would indeed be a baffling trend to brake (for no reason (at least not for any that I can percieve)).

That being said, it seems DE would actually need (or at least benefit from) quite a large release, so I wouldn't be surprised if we actually see Blood Angels first, between the end times books, and the nDE i nnovember. But I don't know. just observations.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thats what happens when you tear half the units out of a codex or individual sale.....twice
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

via one of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/lkxr6Nxmapk/dark-eldar-supplements-codex-and.html"]birds[/URL] 8-29-2014

Dark Eldar Products
    A reduced price Incubi box(which is drastic, it seems, becoming cheaper than Wracks are now).

Two items named "Dark Eldar: Covens" and "Dark Eldar: Wyches" for the same price as a 7th Ed Codex. Now I can't say with much certainty what these are, but based on their price and title, I think they might be supplements.

In addition to that, I have seen the normal 7th Ed priced 'Codex: Dark Eldar" and the "Codex: Dark Eldar Limited Edition" that is a bit cheaper than others.

Also of interest is the "Dark Eldar Tantalus" that I found that is four dollars cheaper than three Terminator boxes. If this Tantalus entry pans out, I would assume it is our version of the Imperial Knight/Baneblade/Stompa.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via one of Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/lkxr6Nxmapk/dark-eldar-supplements-codex-and.html"]birds[/URL] 8-29-2014

Dark Eldar Products
    Tantalus is this beasty, from Forgeworld.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

If this Tantalus entry pans out, I would assume it is our version of the Imperial Knight/Baneblade/Stompa.
    The Tantalus is basically an overpriced heavy support Raider with vector strike and can carry 16 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Tantalus is this beasty, from Forgeworld.

GW doesn't copy models from FW any more, they make their own versions. So that seems unlikely.

Fly Lord

via VoiceoftheChaosGods 9-4-2014

Dark Eldar are next, 3-week releases with:

-No Bomber in the Codex
    -New Female Archon Model (maybe Malys)
    -New Drazhar model
    -New Wracks
    -Vect with big Vehicle (no Chariot)
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

No bomber?

Thats going to be a bitter pill for DE players to swallow.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

VotCG is not a great source, mind. No bomber could be alleviated if they improve the Razorwing (let it do some of the things the bomber does, say).
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    No bomber?

Thats going to be a bitter pill for DE players to swallow.
    Haven't ya'll said a couple of times that VoiceoftheChaosGods is not a reliable rumor source? If so, I would just ignore this and move on. We'll get more reliable rumors closer to the release.

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast