BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Going to buy one, replace chest with female chest and hlmet from old archon and differnet arms. Going to by succubus cos she is pretty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Still wish they made a Lady Malys plastic sprue. Definitely medicore in terms of releases - not as awful as Grey Knights, but nowhere near as good as it could of been. Releases like this wont bother me though, if they really do go the route of dataslates for new units in the future.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Still wish they made a Lady Malys plastic sprue. Definitely medicore in terms of releases - not as awful as Grey Knights, but nowhere near as good as it could of been. Releases like this wont bother me though, if they really do go the route of dataslates for new units in the future.

Models are nice looking, even the Archon, but barring the Ossefactor and the Dark Scythe weapon bits, the entire release could have been a model release for the old codex.

Why is the new Archon model wearing a cape he stole from a haemonculus? I don't think an Archon would be seen dead in some tattered skin rag.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    dont get me wrong, I love the supplements. But the 6th ed ones were better in the sense that they were "hey heres another way to play with some bits and bobs" The 7th ed ones feel more like "hey your main rules are **** buy me"
    So the complaint with 6th was that the supplements were simply fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them, and now the complaint is that supplements are too good and worthwhile, thereby compelling you to buy them?

Such a fickle player base.

Still not a fan of the crossed arms or the straight legs on the Archon. The good news is that since it looks to be fully compatible with the rest of DE range, I can easily swap the legs with some warrior legs and move the arms around with other DE arms so he doesn't have the tomb kings look...one arm crossed could look cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by confoo22 View Post
    So the complaint with 6th was that the supplements were simply fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them, and now the complaint is that supplements are too good and worthwhile, thereby compelling you to buy them?

Actually, the complaint is that the main codex is crap and you need to buy the good supplement to make the army worthwhile.
    If only we got a few less pictures that take up more the half the page of the unit, then we could have room for a few cool formations. (Not a fan of the new codex layout)

Quote Originally Posted by confoo22 View Post

There is a huge difference between trying to sell fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them by making them better and improve as a company and trying to sell fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them by just make the parent codex crap.
    The first one takes a little afford but is appreciated the other one ist just an a affordless money grab and is (rightly) shunned.

If you dont like raisins in your meal that doesnt mean you will get a huge fan of raisins after someone ****s on your meal and only speares the raisins. And I guess you will not praise the taste of the raisins but complain that someone **** on your meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    There is a huge difference between trying to sell fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them by making them better and improve as a company and trying to sell fluff books with too few rules and no real compelling reason to get them by just make the parent codex crap.
    The first one takes a little afford but is appreciated the other one ist just an a affordless money grab and is (rightly) shunned.
    I'm assuming afford means effort? The point I'm trying to make is that people should be careful what they wish for considering that almost everyone demanded that GW plug holes in their codex with supplements and are now seeming to complain that the supplements are plugging the holes too well.

And I'm sorry, but I reject the idea that they are purposefully making the parent codex crap. A lot of the bloggers and commentators have been running around complaining about the death of codexes before they are even released or really tested, but then there's no follow up to confirm whether or not that's actually the case. If you go to forums and look up threads of people who ask about it though, more often then not the answer is "Solid, but not OP." There will always be a few people who will never enjoy the changes, but the 7th edition codexes are not the complete train wreck that people are making them out to be. The supplements are doing what they should have been doing from the very beginning, which is giving you a different play style and promoting certain units that are more flavorful for that particular sub faction of the army.

I'm assuming afford means effort? The point I'm trying to make is that people should be careful what they wish for considering that almost everyone demanded that GW plug holes in their codex with supplements and are now seeming to complain that the supplements are plugging the holes too well.
    No they are not complaining that they are plugging holes too well, they are complaining that GW is creating big holes in order to sell more "repairing supplements".
    Supplements should give you variety in what you pick and not be mandatory to not completely suck.
    Everything in DE codex was nerfed, coven was buffed. Supplement buffs coven even more.
    Different playstyle - yes. Beeing forced into a different range of minis with no alternatives? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    No they are not complaining that they are plugging holes too well, they are complaining that GW is creating big holes in order to sell more "repairing supplements".
    Supplements should give you variety in what you pick and not be mandatory to not completely suck.
    Everything in DE codex was nerfed, coven was buffed. Supplement buffs coven even more.
    Different playstyle - yes. Beeing forced into a different range of minis with no alternatives? No.
    What? Everything was nerfed? C'mon man, that's simply not true so let's back off on the hyperbole, please.

And, like I said, I 100% reject this idea that GW is purposefully hamstringing armies in order to sell supplements, especially with the total lack of any sort of play testing within the community to prove that statement. If that conspiracy theory were true then why didn't GK get a supplement since everyone is convinced that GW is purposefully destroying their armies to sell more books? Why just the single codex for them? And where does the SW codex fit in since the base codex provides better builds than the supplement? Sorry man, that statement might possibly hold up in the vacuum of DE if people were actually testing it out, but almost no one is at this point, they're all just screaming on the internet, which is hardly objective. And if it turns out that the DE codex is actually a solid addition to 7th then this will all be forgotten until some fresh new outrage appears.

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast