BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But tournaments skew things.

Dodgy rules interpretations, more likely to run into a powergamer and his list o'bore, cheats playing for time to force an early turns conclusion (which favours shooty armies overall). They also tend to lack enough terrain on each board, hence the preceived dominance of firepower over combat.

Tournaments are a horrible source of information!
    Tournaments are the only way for players to get a consistent feed of information. You have access to the rulings the judges made, you have everyone's army lists and how they fared against each other. When doing an analysis, you need consistent, reliable data. A friendly, fluff game is not going to give you that because it is not going to be documented. My group does not keep up with win loss ratios, rules issues, statistical data. Does your group?

I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative. I just think your bias against competitive play is clouding your judgement. I myself avoid competitive play like the plague but it's the only source of reliable, documented data we have.
    Last edited by Eldar_Atog; 09-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthken View Post
    DE codex ------This is the final nail in the coffin for me. Over 20 years of playing GW games in one form or another to come down to this. "I think it's time I see other gaming companies. It's not me it's YOU." "Ive been seeing spartan games in secret for several months now." Maybe instead of spending millions on lawsuits you lose, you could have spent the money on Making the awesome special character models for all the armies.
    Yup. Myself I'm getting into Dark Age quite a bit. The rules are much better written, and free on their website. And the models are fantastic! Dark Eldar are going to be shelved for a while and maybe sold if I get out of the 40k hobby entirely.

" Now only the leading d witches can bring disruption Granada "
    " bikes do not last in turbo damage "
    " that if points have dropped quite a bit [ ... ] a unit of 5 scourges with 4 120 points out incandescent spears "

my english interpretation of that translation:
    hekatrix can take haywires (leading wych?)
    no longer turbo boost to do damage (already known)
    now exciting but probably wishful thinking, 5 scourges with 4 weapons (perhaps haywire blasters) come in at 120 points lol

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Durrant View Post
    " Now only the leading d witches can bring disruption Granada "
    " bikes do not last in turbo damage "
    " that if points have dropped quite a bit [ ... ] a unit of 5 scourges with 4 120 points out incandescent spears "

my english interpretation of that translation:
    hekatrix can take haywires (leading wych?)
    no longer turbo boost to do damage (already known)
    now exciting but probably wishful thinking, 5 scourges with 4 weapons (perhaps haywire blasters) come in at 120 points lol
    I'd say 5 scourges with heat lances are 120 pts I'd say haywire blaster would be a disruption something

God I wish there was a way to give and Archon a jump move, I now have no rules to run my harpy queen as (thanks GW for killing the baron **** heads)
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-30-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

And now just to really make my day, confirmation the Vect is gone. But just maybe he'll be available in another suppliment for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by 0rph3u5 View Post
    That Archon needs a helmet ...
    I plan on using the head from the Dark Elves Black Ark Fleetmaster. I've been dying for the new Archon model to come out so I can use it!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think the detachment bonus that gives a 5+ to troops will still be conferred to them if they are embarked on a transport? Will the transport receive that same buff?
    Pray we don't take you alive.

The Waepon they mentioned are pretty sureHeatlances. Would have been 158 in the old dex (if you could have taken 4 in 5) so we can assume that scourges dropped to 16 points (from 22, which is still a ****ing joke) and Heatlances dropped to 10 (from 12 and are still completely useless.).
    So they finally managed to come donw to the same price as a Swooping Hawk but without their galore of special rules. Wow...

And as I just saw it... another ****ing character is gone. Look closely. Only 1 Haemonculus in the Character list and it has 3 wounds. Only the Ancient left, the small one is gone. Good Job GW....
    Last edited by Charon; 10-01-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Actually, if 5 Scourges with 4 Heat lances cost 120 p, wouldn't that make them for example 16p each (80p for five) and 10p for lances (40p for four)? Seems attractive enough to me, I am a big fan of the scorges and the heat lance...

The most of the leaked info makes me shiver though (in a bad way).

Compilation from various sources:

HQ
    Haywire grenades only for characters

-No vect
    -Archon armour 5+, no ap2 board or bike, only boosts PfP turn number when fielded in the new DE detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn but only if Night Fight
    -Succubus has option of AP2 weapon
    -Hemie: 70, +1 to the pfp turn if there is a heamie in the unit.
    -Drahzar: 190, EW, Rampage, +1A for every 6 to wound, Incubi get +1 WS if Drahzar is in the unit.
    -Lilith: 150, Rampage, No armour saves agaist her close combat attacks, rerolls to hit and to wound in close combat
    -Court: Llamean 10, Ur ghul 15, Medusae 25, Sslyth 25

Units
    Haywire grenades only for characters

- Harlequins are gone from the codex

-Scourges: 16 points each, 4 weapons allowed

-Incubi: 20 points, ap 2 init order, no grenades no upgrade powers

-Reavers: 16 points each, can leave combat, save is still 5+, no longer attack while moving, now bladevanes are improved HoW. all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive.

-Witches: 10 points. NO haywires.

-Kabalites: 8 points

-Talos: 120, units of 1-3, fnp stock no pfp. 3 attacks. Chain flails only give shred.

-Cronos: 100, units of 1-3, Spirit Probe now improves FnP of all Dark eldar in 6" by 1 to a max od 4+

-Mandrakes: 12, lost 5++ baleblast s4 ap4 18” assault 2 soulblaze

-Hellions: 13, no grenades

- Beasts: Khymeras S4/T4, Flocks WS2 A4 W3, Fiend WS3, W3. Max size of 12.

-Trueborn 1 pt cheaper, min size 5 no carbines. NO haywires.

-Wracks elite no improvement, 1 special/5 models
    grots 35/model, FnP

- Bomber is 160 points + cost of missiles

- Ravager more expensive lost aerial assault. Raiders and Ravagers come with dissis. Dark lances + 5 points

-Venom almost same cost, cannot take +1 stealth

-Razorwing fast attack, 130 with dissis, +10 for dark lances, void mine is 5” blast

-NO lord of war

Combat drugs
    1: +1A
    2: +1S
    3: +1I
    4: +1T
    5:+1 WS
    6: +1Ld

Power from Pain
    Turn 1:Nothing
    Turn 2: FnP 6+
    Turn 3: FnP
    Turn 4: Fnp, Furious Charge
    Turn 5: Turn 4 + Fearless
    Turn 6+: Turn 5 + Rage
    (+1 to turn if haemon in the unit)

Weapons:
    - Huskblade ap3, cheaper, not a relic

- Hex Rifle inflicts ID on Precision Hits got cheaper

- Soul Trap gives +1s for each usnaved wound inflicted in a challenge

- Phantasm GL works like TGL, shorter range. Doesn’t work on ATSKNF

- Ossefactor is assault 1, fleshbane, ap2. If something is killed then the victims unit get d6 hits with s equal to t of the victim, ap-, ignores cover

- Liquifier is now s3 more expensive

- Venom Blade can only be taken by the Acothyst now

- Stun Claw +1S, ap6, confers ID in challenge

- Shadow Field is more expensive doesn’t fail until end of phase

- Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost

- Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending

- Electro corrosive whip is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons

- Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on 6 To Hit

- PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore - I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not

- Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive (so a double nerf)
    - lances on infantry are a bit cheaper

- Heat Lance sliiiightly cheaper, it also says that it can be only taken by Scourges but without seeing the unit profiles I cannot verify if Reavers can take it or not

- Mindphase Gauntlet, Flesh Gauntlet, Scissorhand are cheaper, half the cost; ECW is the same

- Djin blade became 33% more expensive

Artefacts:
    -- Animus Vitae
    one use, assault 1, s4 ap2, 8" if a unsaved wound is inflicted lets all Dark eldar add 1 to the turn number for PfP effects until the end of the game

-- Archangel of Pain
    once per game, all units within 9" test Ld with a -2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Sounds great BUT this does not work against ATSKNF!

-- Armour of Misery
    Ghostplate with Fear and -2 Ld penalty to all enemy units within 6"

-- Djin Blade
    AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves

-- Helm of Spite
    Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.

-- Parasite's Kiss
    Pistol, Poison 2+, Master-crafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.

- Wych weapons
    (all 5 points):
    Hydras confer Shred
    Razors reroll To Hit
    Shardnet/Impaler reroll 1s on To Hit and To Wound

Vehicles, equipments/weapons
    - Splinter racks now work on all Splinter weapons

- Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming

- Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram

- Torment Gren. Launchers can now be fired, 24", blast, s1, unit hit tests Ld, takes a wound for each point it failed, no armor or cover saves, doesnt work against ATSKNF

- Night Shield confers Stealth can’t be taken by venoms

- flickerfields only for venoms

- sails let a vehicle flat out 24"

- Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missles haven't changed

- Implosion Msls are s6 ap2 blast

- there are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Bomber)

- Stinger Pod hasn’t changed

- TGL, Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Trophies are all more expensive. TGL in particular has tripled in cost.

- Envenomed Blades and Retrofire Jets are gone.

- bomber is 10 av on all sides

Why so few Grenades for Eldars?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast