BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Whelp.

Word is Vect is in the trash with Malys, Baron, Duke and Decapitator
    VERY much hoping this rumor turns out to be false. As an avid DE player, Vect was what I was most looking forward to with the update. This codex will be severely lacking without him, both fluff and crunch-wise.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    VERY much hoping this rumor turns out to be false. As an avid DE player, Vect was what I was most looking forward to with the update. This codex will be severely lacking without him, both fluff and crunch-wise.
    Its looking more and more like its not false.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Its looking more and more like its not false.

Calling shenanigans. He's really one of only a few DE characters with any real substance. He's been around since the first inception of the dark eldar and is the de facto "racial leader." He's not going anywhere.

SM's: None of the predefined chapter masters went anywhere, and papa smurf is still large and in charge.
    Dark Angels: Still the same old model for Azrael, he's still in the dex.
    CSM: Abaddon is still an armless failure and he's still in the dex.
    Tyranids: The lord of swarms still feasts on the unwary, even though he got nerfed.
    Imperiastramilitatusfornicatuswtfbbq: Creed is still a tactical genius. (Although I'm sad that they never brought back Lord Solar Macharius.)
    Eldar: Eldrad is still a dick
    Daemons: all the named greater daemons came back despite some of them not having any models.
    Tau: Everyone came back, farsight and Aun'Va are still no longer facebook friends.
    Wolfy Wolves: Big daddy wolf got a new model with 70% more wolfs per wolf.
    Orks: Ghazgkull can still punch out a titan with his model that is older than some people in college.
    Grey knights: Draigo is still around and is still "that guy."

If Vect went the way of the dodo it would set a completely irrational precedent. Yes unit types and named characters have been removed from previous dexes over the years, but never has The Main Guy been removed once he has been established in lore and stats. Removing units that do not have models to support their rules was an obvious (and admittedly dickish) maneuver to avoid IP infringement from third party miniatures, it has a reason to be. But removing Vect who is already well established in physical model form would be asinine. Especially when the work to revamp him could be as simple or as elaborate ad the design team wanted. You could just redo the model and plop him in a raider, or you could make him another "big kit" for the Dark Eldar release, or you could literally do nothing and hey, he still exists anyways.

If this "rumor" turns out to be right I'll eat my hat. Of course I don't own a hat but you get the gist of it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    If this "rumor" turns out to be right I'll eat my hat. Of course I don't own a hat but you get the gist of it.
    I'll buy you one to see that
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I will say that Vect was still mentioned as the leader of the DE in the new WD, which means they're not totally sweeping him under the rug. I'm holding out hope. Hopefully I won't be massively disappointed.

If Vect goes, I dunno what they will do for 'new shiney' other than the bomber...which will have to be very good to get taken, I think. I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm only half excited about the bomber for two reasons. 1)we've been waiting for it since the old codex came out 2) It looks almost exactly like every kitbashed Voidraven on the internets. Vect would be giving Dark Eldar their own lord of war, instead of having to share the revenant titan (which I feel bad taking because its so amazing)

[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/codex-dark-eldar-enhanced/id921973285?mt=11[/url]

Preview.
    Picture of the new plastic succubus and a picture of the codex.

No LoW Slot.
    HQ: Archon, Court of the Archon, Succubus, Lelith, Haemonculus, Urien, Drazahr

WTF GW?!

Chapter-Master

well they managed they really did, they have sunk lower than I actually ever thought even remotely possible, Poor DE players, you poor fools.

In other news it should once again be a laugh reading the jsutifications for this by those "positive" members of the community.

Hey who knows, maybe there will be a supplement with new/updated models and rules for the special character.....you know, like has been used as a justification/wishlist since Iyanden, but has never actually happened.

edit: succubus is nice though

Maybe his rules will come in his box, seems to be a thing nowadays.

Also, you can't insult people for being positive, that's really sh!t.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Maybe his rules will come in his box, seems to be a thing nowadays.

Also, you can't insult people for being positive, that's really sh!t.
    yeah, so I wouldn't call the firestorm and vengeance batteries common....

As to the other comment, that discussion has been done, you might even still find the thread, things have been slow around here lately

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast