BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    True.. I am just speaking in generalities though. The reason I'm curious is that a couple of the people I've talked to claim that the deep striking raiders and PfP are a potent combo.. but you'll usually come on the table with deep strike on turns 2 and 3. PfP doesn't really start becoming really strong till turn 4. Just trying to get a bit of insight into the contradiction.
    I would personally start with most of my shooty standards on the Table (Kabalites in Raiders, min. Kabalites in Venoms) and try to pick a Chronos squad (2 should be sufficient) too.
    Then proceed to keep my Assaults (we can give Wyches a try here, Inccubi are still ok, Reavers are possible and court opens up a brutal possibility - although the monopose sucks -.- ) and my special shooty units (Blasterborn, maybe suicide scourges) in Reserve.
    Shooty things shoot first turn while trying to stay alive, Chronos float forwards as fast as possible)
    2nd turn is were the deepstike should happen (Aegis with com should be useful). Everything is jinking, HQ tries to make his animus happen.
    In turn 3 the assaults begin. We should have FnP 5+ now. Maybe even with Chronos support (+1). If the HQ did hit, we also already have Furious charge.
    Would not play that competitive and needs finetuning but could work.

For more nastyness add Eldar. Venoms and Raiders are als Fast Attack now so you can give them Deepstriking Taxis. Fire Drakes in Deepstriking Venoms, Dark Reapers in Venoms or Wraithblades in Raiders could be quite Nasty while the Autarch does not only grant us +1 to reserve rolls but could also be a valuable addition to Reaver squads.

has the Ravager situation been confirmed 100% yet? I've seen rumors that they've gone up a meltabomb in base price, have to pay a meltabomb EACH to upgrade their guns from dissies to lances, AND to deliver the 3rd kick to the nuts, have lost the Aerial Combat special rule that allowed them to fire 3 guns at full BS.... Paying 120 for (2) lance shots just doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Ok so coven rules dropped on natfka...cant paste on phone but lets just say...unless you really really like T3 fnp then your going to run coven....like WOW

So twice the price codexes

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTECOVEN SupplementPower from pain - by turn number.1 – nothing2 – Fearless3 – Fear, Fearless4 – Fear, Fearless, it will not die5 – Fear, It will not die, zealot6+ - Eternal Warrior, fear, it will not die, zealotWarlord chart-talos & chronos reroll FNP rolls of 1 within 12”of warlord– warlord plus any grotesques he joins gain it will not die– add or subtract 1 from reserve rolls– If your warlord is slain by an attack/weapon with AP 1 or 2 or with the ID rule, gain D3 VP– Warlord plus wracks he joins gain FNP4+– Warlord gains preferred enemyArtifacts – pick one of the following at the start of your turn which lasts until your next turn – IWND, fleet, poisoned 4+, rampage (used each turn)fighting in a challenge – opponent suffers -5 to initiative-8”range, S1, AP2, assault 1, blast, instant death, no effect on vehicles (used as a grenade in shooting phase)-Additional D6 attacks at S3, AP- at initiative 10, grant an additional pile in move at this step, no bonus applicable for furious charge, rending etc-IWND 4+, only wounded by poisons special rule on 6-+1 to FNP rolls, negate first wound suffered if it has the ID rule but when this happens, the item is lostCoven Detachment Required – 2HQ, 2 EliteOptional – 4HQ, 6 Elite, 4 Heavy SupportUnits that are available in the detachment – Urien, Haemonculus, Raider (DT only), Venom (DT only), Wracks, grotesques, talos, chronosBenefits – if this is the primary detachment you can reroll warlord chart from this book. All enemy units within 12”of 1 or more models from this detachment suffer -1LD7(!!!) formations as well!"[/QUOTE]
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Which is exactly what I posted one page ago when it dropped on thedarkcity.net?

Chapter-Master

Sorry charon. On my phone . navigation is hard
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten Deadite View Post
    If the Dark Eldar are supposed to be played "front-loaded" then why does Power from Pain kick in as the game drags on? The implementation of a turn-based mechanic does not synchronize well with an army that appears (to me, anyway) to be themed around alpha-strikes. What else could it be teaching the players, except "hide in the corner on the first two turns until you get awesome?"
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I've never agreed with the idea that the Dark Eldar are supposed to be alpha strike, front loaded, "Get stuck in, and you win", or any other way you can describe running across the board as fast as possible, picking a fight with whatever is over there, and coming out on top. Now admittedly I'm probably in a very small minority of fans of the dark eldar that think that, but when I first picked up the original codex upteen years ago, the very first story on page 3 is a description of a dark eldar sitting outside of a imperial outpost and effectively swirling around it chipping away at it bit by bit, like the coils of a constrictor snake tightening around its prey. It's not until they've stripped it of its defenses that they swarm in. If you went further back in the book to Lilith's description, you see a story about her taking on 10 combatants at once in the arena and going out of her way to drag it out by giving them all a single cut, one by one, and so on. My point is that to me, they're not a smash and grab gang looting stores before the cops show up. They're sadistic killers that like to "play with their food".

For me the way they "should play", as opposed to "do play", is winning by evasion and having the speed to create mismatches between your army the the opponent's, where you have overwhelming firepower, manpower(eldarpower?), or both. Being able to "hammer it up the middle" and come out on top sounds more like Blood Angel's role to me.

I like the idea of cutting the opponent to ribbons over the course of a full game. Accomplishing that with the rules we're giving to play with is another story, but right there on page 2 of the original codex was a warning that they are not an army that's easy to use.

My 2 cents.

Well speaking of supplements and our good friends at Dark City, here are the formations!! The 1st one is insane!

Haemonculus Covens Formations
    1 - urien or haemy plus 2 units of grots - d6 roll at start of game for grots - +1S, +1T, fleet, shred, rage, 4+ FNP

2 - 1 haemy, 1 chronos, 2 units of wracks - all wracks gain precision strike, wracks treat turn 1 higher for pfp. if haemy is the warlord he gets trait 4 automatically

3 - 2 units of wracks in 2 venoms - if a unit in this formation scores first blood, gain D3 vp rather than 1. Wracks must start embarked an in reserve. Deployed turn 1 via deep strike

4 - unit of 5 Talos - gain scout. Score an extra vp for any non vehicle unit killed in combat

5 - 1 haemy, 1 Chronos, 1 Talos - form a single unit. Characters may not join it outside of this formation. Talos and chronos gain +1ws and init. If haemy is warlord, gain trait 1 automatically

6 - 1 haemy, 3 units of wracks with raiders. Master of pain from haemy confers to all units in this formation within 12". Warlord trait 5 if haemy is warlord

7 - all 6 formations as above in 1 formation - called the carnival of pain. Urien form formation 1 has his master of pain rule confer to whole formation. All non vehicles reroll 1's to wound in combat
    Last edited by Bigred; 10-03-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: formatted for clarity
    If someone says Invul. save to me again, by Tzeentch I will punch them in the face hole.

Had a quick peek at the codex today. Lots of people are misreporting that Urien has 5 wounds; he still only has 3. Also it's no longer 3 haemis per HQ slot now, just 1.

Lots of great art in the codex.

Having just read how good the coven supplement is this makes me ask, aside from a clear case of DLC or pay to win here. Was the ork release like this with a bland codex and a way better supplement ?

I ask as my friend plays orcs and got shafted by this new sales strategy.

Also you would think they would release a new grot box set to deal with the massive influx of people wanting to get a hold of them form the web store, none of my local GW or FLGS have grots in stock. I might just convert some vargs form vampire counts since they actually have these in store.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deaddice View Post
    Having just read how good the coven supplement is this makes me ask, aside from a clear case of DLC or pay to win here. Was the ork release like this with a bland codex and a way better supplement ?
    Essentially yes, and the same with Space Wolves.

I personally am really looking forward to using Flesh Tearer rules for my Blood Angels and paying so much for working rules

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast