BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Just stumbled across thisSomeone has a Power Lance (I can see it's profile in the summary) in the codex, but I have no specific unit pages so unsure. However, the most logical choice are Scourges, who have a polearm model option for the Solarite

>Cronos weapons stayed the same, they lost their additional support effects though, because Cronos now has a passive aura around itself (described in my prev. post). This is my conjecture but I think Talos and Cronos can be mixed in the same unit for a nice effect of 2 Taloi and a Cronos, with 4+ FnP on all of them

>Baleblast now indeed has Soul Blaze instead of Pinning. Mandrakes also lost their 5++, which means the leak about them having Stealth and Shrouded instead is almost certainly true

>I correct myself - Archon only boosts Power from Pain turn number when fielded in the new Dark Eldar detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn

>Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming

>Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram

>Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive

>Someone in the codex has a Crucible of Malediction (most likely Haemonculi) - once per game, all Psyker units (Brotherhoods included) within 3D6" suffer a S6 hit with no saves of any kind allowed

>Artefacts:

Animus Vitae - already described this in my other post

Archangel of Pain - once per game, all units within 9" test LD with a -2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Doesn't work against units with ATSKNF

Armor of Misery - a Ghostplate with Fear and -2 LD penalty to all enemy units within 6"

Djin Blade - AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves

Helm of Spite - Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double.

Parasite's Kiss - Pistol, Poison 2+, Master-crafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound.

Chapter-Master

love the fact people are going 'OMG!!!! these suck sell my dark eldar immediately!!!'

the book isn't out yet, you haven't played with it yet. if you are going to sell a whole army because it might be slightly worse than before then you clearly are not actually dark eldar fans at all, just power fans. also someone earlier complained that all books this edition have gotten less powerful, which would in fact mean it doesn't matter. you lot are useless.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Huh, always thought that and caltrops was just a squad upgrade (kinda like a squad wide VS).
    Nope Bladevanes was a special rule for them, with upgrading it to caltrops for D6 S6 hits.

and more "good news"

- I am now almost sure that Venom Blade can be taken on the Acothyst only. There are two different weapons table for Coven and non Coven units. Coven units get VB, ECW, Scissorhand, Flesh Gauntlet, Mindphase, and Agoniser. Out of these, VB and ECW can only be taken on the Acothyst. Non Coven units get Power Sword (no option for other types) and Agoniser, that's it. So I Imagine the old VBs of all the kits will now be Power Swords. Also, Heamy can no longer take Power Weapons (unless it's specified directly in his profile, I haven't seen it)
    - Agoniser is now Poison 4+, still AP3, same cost
    - Scissorhand is Poison 4+, Rending
    - ECW is Poison 5+ (sic), AP3, Concussive and is also the most expensive of all Coven weapons
    - Flesh Gauntlet is Poison 4+, ID on 6 To Hit
    - PGL does NOT confer grenades anymore - I have not seen the Incubi profile page, so cannot say if they've gained grenades or not
    - both PGL and TGL do not work against ATSKNF
    - Monoscythe, Shatterfield and Necrotoxin missles haven't changed
    - there are no new ranged weapons other than Ossefactor and Dark Scythe (24", S8, AP2, blast, only on Bomber), that info about AP2 blast for Talos also seems incorrect, I think someone confused Stinger Pod for it (which hasn't changed)
    - Reaver save is still 5+, all HoW attacks are Rending, base is 1 S4 hit, Caltrops D6 S6, Grav is 1 S4 Concussive
    - significant stat changes for Beasts: Khymeras are now S4/T4 (majority T4 for a Khymera pack!), Flocks are nerfed hard, now WS2 (!), A4, W3, Fiend is now WS3, W3 (so even worse than before)
    - someone has a Power Lance (I can see it's profile in the summary) in the codex, but I have no specific unit pages so unsure. However, the most logical choice are Scourges, who have a polearm model option for the Solarite
    - Cronos weapons stayed the same, they lost their additional support effects though, because Cronos now has a passive aura around itself (described in my prev. post). This is my conjecture but I think Talos and Cronos can be mixed in the same unit for a nice effect of 2 Taloi and a Cronos, with 4+ FnP on all of them
    - Baleblast now indeed has Soul Blaze instead of Pinning. Mandrakes also lost their 5++, which means the leak about them having Stealth and Shrouded instead is almost certainly true
    - I correct myself - Archon only boosts PfP turn number when fielded in the new DE detachment which also grants 5+ cover save for Troops and 6+ cover save for everything else on the first turn (but only if Night Fight occurs, lolz, so there is a chance your detachment will grant you nothing)
    - Shock Prow now gives AV14 when ramming
    - Chain Snares now let a vehicle Tank Shock but not Ram
    - Splinter Cannons are Salvo 4/6 and got more expensive (so a double nerf)
    - Someone in the codex has a Crucible of Malediction (most likely Haemy) - once per game, all Psyker units (Brotherhoods included) within 3D6" suffer a S6 hit with no saves of any kind allowed
    - Artefacts are:
    -- Animus Vitae - already described this in my other post
    -- Archangel of Pain - once per game, all units within 9" test Ld with a -2 penalty, then take a wound with no cover/armor saves for each point they failed. Sounds great BUT this does not work against ATSKNF! What the hell!
    -- Armour of Misery - a Ghostplate with Fear and -2 Ld penalty to all enemy units within 6"
    -- Djin Blade - AP3, +2 Attacks, after all attacks roll D6, on 1 the bearer suffers a wound with no saves
    -- Helm of Spite - Adamantium Will for all friendly units within 12", Psykers within 12" suffer Perils on any double. This, imo, is the best out of the artefacts
    -- Parasite's Kiss - Pistol, Poison 2+, Master-crafted, after inflicting an unsaved wound, the bearer restores a single wound. Turbocrap.

Veteran-Sergeant

Bummed about Vect, but hey GW are gonna get that extra sqqeeze out of us one way or another, other than that though, really looking forward to the new dex now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    love the fact people are going 'OMG!!!! these suck sell my dark eldar immediately!!!'

the book isn't out yet, you haven't played with it yet. if you are going to sell a whole army because it might be slightly worse than before then you clearly are not actually dark eldar fans at all, just power fans. also someone earlier complained that all books this edition have gotten less powerful, which would in fact mean it doesn't matter. you lot are useless.
    I know right? I mean, why would someone that's played DE for six years have even the slightest clue what the army's strengths and weaknesses are and be able to apply critical thought to an avalanche of codex leaks?

We should just stfu, spend $50, and then decide if its a good product. Makes perfect sense. I certainly won't be torrenting this asap.

Now pardon me while I join all the other power gaming Dark Eldar players in the mystical land of Unicorns. WTF?

Rumours. Not leaks.

If you're really panicking that you might have to try marginally harder to win, you might want to try a less stressful hobby.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Rumours. Not leaks.

If you're really panicking that you might have to try marginally harder to win, you might want to try a less stressful hobby.
    With an army that was already hard to win with.
    Also getting rid of any AP2 weapon for the archon (power sword is the only power weapon we have access to) was a genious stroke... we dont want the evil space elf to ever kill a space marine character after all...
    Last edited by Charon; 09-28-2014 at 06:39 AM.

So get him stuck into the chaffe instead, and tear through them.

Dark Eldar have always been a thinkers army, since their very beginning. There is nothing new here. You might as well complain that Orks don't tend to have very good armour on their basic Boyz.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

This is not an issue of "armor"
    This is an issue of massive nerfs across the board. This is an issue getting half of our options just deleted out of the codex. This is not a "lol think a lil bit" issue. The Army stays exactly the same but with less options, less firepower and in many cases higher point costs despite nerfs (120 for Talos. YES!)
    Im actually quite comfortable with playing glass cannon. But it gets tiresome and unfun when the "cannon" is removed.
    But hey... at lest knight are now free to stomp anything with haywire out of the game. They are not gonna sell me models with that **** rules.
    Last edited by Charon; 09-28-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Dude, you're going entirely off of rumours and hearsay - two things which haven't been terribly reliable of late.

And for me, worse? Opinion of someone. Saw one about the Voidraven being 'over costed'. No quantifying. Not so much as an explanation of opinion - just a bold statement, which is now being taken for gospel.

Relax. You're most likely going to buy the book anyway. Get a few games under your belt against a variety of opponents, see how it goes. And if the book really, really does suck massive hairy donkey scrotums? It's what, four yearsish until the next one? No need to sell off an army you've invested a lot of money in time in.

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast