BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Or indeed with someone who made up their mind long before rumours were confirmed into fact.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Is that that guy who was wrong AGAIN trying to make a point?
    So now after the rumors have become facts and it actuall IS as bad as rumored (or for some things like the ravager even WORSE) isnt it time to step down your high horse?

Hell no. I like up here on Neddy. The view is ace!

And was I wrong again? Because my opinion still hasn't changed. From what I've read, nothing really wrong with the book. People have bandied around some odd statistics (like a very high number of Dark Lance shots needed to drop something), and haven't really back it up.

Whereas you, as ever, kicked off with nothing is ever good enough, and I'm perfectly willing to shift the goalposts to fulfil my own half baked prophecy. That sort of attitude isn't going to see you very far in life chum.

And wrong again? When was this alleged first time pray tell?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Hard to have an objective discussion anyways with somebody who insists that units that where not even touched got buffed or who tries to sell a net nerf as a buff because "something" changed.
    What? All I said was that when a unit that remains the same it shouldn't be considered a nerf, never said that it was a buff. Nor did I say that the DE in general got a buff, only that they haven't been playtested enough.

Bad sign of your debating skills when you need to start putting words in other people's mouths.

I have to agree with Charon, got a careful read through the book and pretty much everything I cared about got nerfed, and the stuff I was tossed in return isn't really useful or interesting. The biggest killer for me is that the book is just boring. The 5th edition book was full of stuff I couldn't wait to try out, this book is the same stuff I've had all along, only nerfed. Between a poor showing for model release, a dumbing down of the rules, and the removal of more than half of the special characters, I'm just not excited in any way.

Its not worth arguing with you people.
    Last edited by AnEnemy; 10-04-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hell no. I like up here on Neddy. The view is ace!

And was I wrong again? Because my opinion still hasn't changed. From what I've read, nothing really wrong with the book. People have bandied around some odd statistics (like a very high number of Dark Lance shots needed to drop something), and haven't really back it up.

Whereas you, as ever, kicked off with nothing is ever good enough, and I'm perfectly willing to shift the goalposts to fulfil my own half baked prophecy. That sort of attitude isn't going to see you very far in life chum.

And wrong again? When was this alleged first time pray tell?
    Charo is refering the the fact that the wait and see mentality has at most been right once. When the first impressions has been right every time for years theres no logical or even indeed experimental evidence to support the assertion that "waiting till you read the book/a few months" should ever be used as an argument against peoples opinion of tbe book
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Well I've bought the book and enjoyed reading it, especially the bit where a unit of Grotesques only costs 105 points base. I have also bought the combined Wych and Raider box which I was pleased to find it £5.50 cheaper than two separate boxes. On pre-order I have the new Succubus and depending on what time I get home today I'll probably try and get another combined box and a Razorwing (grants me access to the detachment).
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Giving her the only AP2 weapon doesnt get her more killy
    How do you possibly arrive at that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    How do you possibly arrive at that conclusion?
    Her base problem is that she doesnt survive any melee contact with units in 2+ armor.
    We have here Terminators and Space Marine HQs. Both have S8 weapons while she can get a 4++ in melee at most (thats only 1 point better than any terminator unless Stormshields then its even worse). Also no eternal warrior.
    In short this means you want to keep her away from units that can kill her instantly. Coincidentally these are quite every unit which also has a 2+ save.
    So you try to get her on targets she can deal with more easy and that are not likely to kill her/fight back. Tactical Marines for example where the AP2 is not needed at all. The +1 S comes at cost of 1 A.
    Buy her an agoniser and you also wound MEQ on a 4+. Together with the right combat drug and furious charge you can even get her to 3+ with rerolls against MEQ.
    So in short: the AP2 does nothing to her because she cant really utilize it.
    The Archon on the other hand did become more killy with an AP2 weapon as he could act more cocky due to his 2++
    Last edited by Charon; 10-05-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast