BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    First impressions wrote off the Wyvern - whereas I explained shred on that many S4 templates ignoring cover was horrendously hard. And now it's one of the most whined about units in the game.

First impressions claimed Lootas were clearly better than Flashgitz based purely on shooting, failing to take into account behind the Snazzgun, there's a big 'ard Nob, with 3 S4 attacks in HTH, and two wounds to keep them on their feet, or that Snazzguns do horrible things to MEQ units.

First impressions claim Dark Lances took an unexplained nerf, failing to understand that since AP2 and AP1 are the only guns that can take a vehicle out in a single hit (unless it's open topped of course), the Dark Lance took a boost in 7th Ed, and the additional points addressed that.
    No no, you're wrong, gut reactions to someone elses gut reactions to things without reading the book yourself or trying them out in a game are alway utterly accurate.

and have a really good read of the crucible rules, it actually dosen't target psyker's if they are in a unit. It just put's the hit on the unit itself. so a farseer in a unit of guardians will just laugh

sorry for the random question but.... the guy depicted on the cover of the codex is no longer available? I thought GW would have made a new sculpt for that archon but the new archon has no helmett.... it's such a pity. That cover art is awesome

Brother-Captain

So ... Lilith has WS 9. I heard someone say that because she has "Blood Dancer" hard coded as her Warlord trait, this means her WS is actually 10.

How much you wanna bet when the FAQ comes out a statement will be added to her description declaring that the "Blood Dancer" boost is already factored into her stat line?

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Ylyon View Post
    sorry for the random question but.... the guy depicted on the cover of the codex is no longer available? I thought GW would have made a new sculpt for that archon but the new archon has no helmett.... it's such a pity. That cover art is awesome
    The old Archon seems to still be available on the webstore. Kinda odd, since they dropped the old Succubus and Haemonculus, but I guess both of those were clear improvements over their predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    How much you wanna bet when the FAQ comes out a statement will be added to her description declaring that the "Blood Dancer" boost is already factored into her stat line?
    That would make sense, IF she always got her Warlord Trait. But if someone else is being your Warlord...

I really like the Finecast Haemonculus sculpt personally. If its no longer available, even Direct, then that's a poor choice.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    That would make sense, IF she always got her Warlord Trait. But if someone else is being your Warlord...
    If they retcon her to say her WS9 stat always included an implied "Blood Dancer" boost, then yes ... she always had it. The assumption, of course, is if you field her, she has to be the Warlord - she's second fiddle to nobody.

As it stands now, if you take Lilith, the one and only warlord trait option is "Blood Dancer." I am expecting a FAQ to come out stating her current WS9 includes the boost, in exactly the same way a Reaver's toughness already includes the boost from being on a jetbike, meaning you cannot run her as having a WS10.

Last edited by Necron2.0; 10-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

nah, she's 10 when she's the warlord. 9 when she's not.....fairly sad warlord trait though
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    The assumption, of course, is if you field her, she has to be the Warlord - she's second fiddle to nobody.
    That is a silly assumption. Leilith doesn't have to be your Warlord; it can be any character model. It need not be an Independent Character and it need not be the character with the highest Leadership (unlike Fantasy). Some random Sybarite can be your Warlord if you really want.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast