BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Did you guys like how my article got 400 replies of nerdhate? It was also the first time I have ever received hate mail in 5 years of blogging.

I gave the hard truth and people chewed me out for it, nevermind the fact that I've played the army 14 years and have seen 4 editions and 3 army books.

The hardest pill for me to swallow is that I can't get myself to make any pure DE list that isn't weaker than a splashed DE/Eldar list. To make matters even worse, the more I want to increase the competitiveness of my army, the more Eldar elements I want to add. At the end of the day, it's just painfully clear that DE benefits Eldar more as a supplement more than it is a standalone army.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    Did you guys like how my article got 400 replies of nerdhate? It was also the first time I have ever received hate mail in 5 years of blogging.

I gave the hard truth and people chewed me out for it, nevermind the fact that I've played the army 14 years and have seen 4 editions and 3 army books.

The hardest pill for me to swallow is that I can't get myself to make any pure DE list that isn't weaker than a splashed DE/Eldar list. To make matters even worse, the more I want to increase the competitiveness of my army, the more Eldar elements I want to add. At the end of the day, it's just painfully clear that DE benefits Eldar more as a supplement more than it is a standalone army.
    Thats what happens when the mewling *******s think your not being properly respectful of your overlords....then they'll turn around and accuse YOU of being the bad one......
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I think it takes a certain amount of vision and imagination to look at something and see how it could be made to be better. If you have those, then you're always driven to take things forward and improve on them. If you don't then you're always content for someone else to hand you something "new and flashy" and you'll love it without regard for unfulfilled potential.

The only reason a cyber bully can think of for someone not liking a book is "needs more win!" They completely lack the foresight and creative thinking abilities to see what a piece of trash something they are content with actually is.

Id have to agree with you Hero, been playing DE for over 14 years myself. Phil Kelly breathed life into the 5th ed DE codex nicely. Beefed out the fluff added a few new units and rules, and despite a few disappointments (mandrakes) it seemed well written, you could win games, but if you made glaring tactical mistakes you would still lose.

This one just seems so bland and underwhelming. and nothing more than a way to get a unit of firedragons into prime position.
    And our few "special" tricks just don't work against Space Marines. (big surprise there)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    The old Archon seems to still be available on the webstore. Kinda odd, since they dropped the old Succubus and Haemonculus, but I guess both of those were clear improvements over their predecessor.
    yes, but it says "sold out".... I wonder if and when it's going to be available again

never mind, it's been removed.... sigh

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768