BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Urgh, of all the archon models GW could have sculpted they went with the most boring possible option, well done. Hoping there is at least a helmet option, still a missed opportunity to give us a female archon.

also the legs are ridiculous. I hope someone has got wires crossed and its just a kitbash as well because it is incredibly underwhelming, less interesting than the Finecast archon and you can make better kitbashes really easily.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Battle-Brother

Huh? Ah hey guys, this is my void raven I built a couple of years ago. Does it look similar to y'all? Did I actually capture the idea they had when the concept was thought of a few years ago. I'm kinda humbled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vrr.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	11270
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vd top_2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	11268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vrleft.jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	11271  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 09-23-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    " "Pain, torture and dismemberment. These are the finer things in life. Shall I show you?!" Succubus Morna Fateweaver of the Azure Death Cult

Quote Originally Posted by ursvamp View Post
    Hahaha omg, there was one thing I really disliked abouth the 5th ed revamp, and it was that they felt the need to have a bareheaded archon on the cover, and that not-to-my-tastes head he had. Ican't believe they actually made a model out of it!! xD

That being said I like that the Nosferatu/Vampire pose he's doing in the first picture is avaiible, but I wouldn't prefer it on my archon, personally. However I really, really, really, really, really, like the secon picture (the kitbashed one) It looooooks aawesome. adn eally shows of the possibilites for kitbashing, personalising and what you can really do with the kit. I like it, that pose is awesome once you realise it as a template for "sculpting your own Archon"... The possiblities. I will most definatley pick this kit up (Hope it comes also with a plastic version of my favorite Archon head (the goatlooking one). Seeing as it's on the cover, and the resemblance of the cloak on the model to the cloak on the cover, maybe there is hope for it. Well. We'll see, eventually )
    Each to his own... I find the Gangsta Rapper Pose he strikes embarrassing and actually like the head way more than the "ssssssh, I try to pass as a tiny Fantasy Chaos Warrior" Goathead helmet.
    Even with Kitbashing his Pose is incredible boring and static.

Hey guys,
    not sure if I've found something here, but I was looking at the pics on Grot Orderly and it looks like the Voidraven has another option in the kit.
    There's a few differences between the Voidraven on the top and the Voidraven underneath.

I could be wrong - but have a look and see what you think:
    [URL="http://www.ozdestro.com/blog/does-the-dark-eldar-voidraven-have-a-second-option"]www.ozdestro.com/blog/does-the-dark-eldar-voidraven-have-a-second-option[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Urgh, of all the archon models GW could have sculpted they went with the most boring possible option, well done. Hoping there is at least a helmet option, still a missed opportunity to give us a female archon.
    I'm still holding out hope that we'll see a female model as well, the old female lord was excellent, I hope they make a new one based on that.
    Mostly I guess I'm being optimistic, but I can't remember there being a release (since they started with weekly releases) with just one single plastic infantry-sized character. Seems they always release at least two when that is the case (Painboy and Mekboy for instance, or haemie and wracks), and since "Nobility" is plural I'm assuming (hoping, that is...) that we'll be seeing more than one model of a ruling commorrite.

@Charon:

Yeah, to each his own; Agree

Quote Originally Posted by OzDestro View Post
    Hey guys,
    I could be wrong - but have a look and see what you think:
    [URL="http://www.ozdestro.com/blog/does-the-dark-eldar-voidraven-have-a-second-option"]www.ozdestro.com/blog/does-the-dark-eldar-voidraven-have-a-second-option[/URL]
    I'm pretty sure that's just a razorwing.

Chaplain

Yeah, it's just a Razorwing.

Dang it - well a man can dream!!

Thanks guys (and gals)!!

Wych squad in the front row to the right of the raider might be being led by the plastic succubus. Agoniser and spear but different pose and hair, just really teeny.

Also the archon kit may have options, or they may just be kitbashes:

Not sure where I got this picture from, sorry to whomever it was posted by.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quite looking forward to this launch!!

I so nearly started a Dark Eldar army when they were previously released! (Still have the pair of raiders, warriors squad, wych squad and archon I got!!)!

Unfortunately my time ended up more precious, but the newest codex might be enough to kickstart things again, especially considering I don't need to make an actual purchase beyond the book to get going

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast