BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

This is a a very sad direction to see GW go with their products, recently my gaming group and I have starting playing 5th ed fantasy.

The reason I bring this up is that back then before they split chaos into so many factions you could get this 1 box simply called chaos. IT HAD EVERYTHING rules for all minis, all the cards you needed a complete bundle it felt like a real bargin as opposed to this supplement DLC model. Thing is I am sure GW make decent profits over that box, what matter is that we did not feel screwed over by it.

Any how back to dark eldar, if they bring out Vect say and Malys as a white dwarf rules I could handle that the price is not the same as the codex ( $83, I have to pay Australia tax), however if its a supplement they are definitely creating the feeling of being ripped off.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

dont get me wrong, I love the supplements. But the 6th ed ones were better in the sense that they were "hey heres another way to play with some bits and bobs" The 7th ed ones feel more like "hey your main rules are **** buy me"
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Well speak of the devil on ebay wonder how this got out ?

[url]http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Eldar-Haemonulus-Covens-Codex-Supplement-NEW-/361070047107?pt=Games_US&hash=item541173af83[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    dont get me wrong, I love the supplements. But the 6th ed ones were better in the sense that they were "hey heres another way to play with some bits and bobs" The 7th ed ones feel more like "hey your main rules are **** buy me"
    Indeed they do.

Pity Grey Knights didn't get one, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by deaddice View Post
    Well speak of the devil on ebay wonder how this got out ?

[url]http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Eldar-Haemonulus-Covens-Codex-Supplement-NEW-/361070047107?pt=Games_US&hash=item541173af83[/url]
    It's listed as a pre-order....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sigh, another nerf to wych cults.
    I used to like running Bloodbrides- 9 in a raider with Lelith or a succubus, or two squads with both lelith and a succubus. They tended to die horribly, but I liked the unit. 1 per 3 wych weapons on bloodbrides meant that with 9, I could run 3 shardnets in the unit.
    Now it is 1 weapon, or 3 if the unit is 10 or more models. But 10 and a character don't fit in a raider. So if I want to run a unit or bloodbrides and a character, they are limited to a single wych weapon (which are far less interesting than they used to be to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Sigh, another nerf to wych cults.
    I used to like running Bloodbrides- 9 in a raider with Lelith or a succubus, or two squads with both lelith and a succubus. They tended to die horribly, but I liked the unit. 1 per 3 wych weapons on bloodbrides meant that with 9, I could run 3 shardnets in the unit.
    Now it is 1 weapon, or 3 if the unit is 10 or more models. But 10 and a character don't fit in a raider. So if I want to run a unit or bloodbrides and a character, they are limited to a single wych weapon (which are far less interesting than they used to be to boot!
    Yep wych cults have taken a hit. Hoping that is because in a month or so we will see a wych cult supplement that buffs them like the coven supplement is doing for coven units.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I wouldn't count on it. It seems that most armies that get supplements are only getting one.

I'm not, though both a coven and wych supplement were rumoured. Hope it happens, not expecting it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Uberbeast View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. It seems that most armies that get supplements are only getting one.
    unless you are space marines

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast