BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

I aree, also makes it harder for the community to find a new whipping boy to blame for all their troubles.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I can't imagine that wasn't a primary motivation, yeah.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Fly Lord

via Steve the Warboss 8-27-2014
    The Dark Eldar comes soon after the last Nagash Endtimes release in mid September.

- 3 Week Release Window
    - No completely new Units or Characters
    - Chars without Models are removed
    - Separate Relics for the Wych cults & the Kabals
    - Vect is a Lord of War
    - Wracks are the only finecasts who get a replacement
    - New warmachine
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via Steve the Warboss 8-27-2014
    The Dark Eldar comes soon after the last Nagash Endtimes release in mid September.

- 3 Week Release Window
    - No completely new Units or Characters
    - Chars without Models are removed
    - Separate Relics for the Wych cults & the Kabals
    - Vect is a Lord of War
    - Wracks are the only finecasts who get a replacement
    - New warmachine
    Sounds more like guesses than actual rumors.
    3 week release window- pretty standard now for codices (with kits that is). 3-4 kits, some characters, codex week 2, supplement week 3.
    No completely new units? Makes sense for Dark Eldar. They still have a lot to convert over to plastic still.
    Characters without models removed? A given.
    Separate relics for Wych Cults and Cabal- popular wishlist, and would be the first book with 2 sets of relics. But why those 2, when Coven are the third faction of the book, shouldn't they get a set of relics too? Especially with all their arcane wargear that would make a good core of relics?
    Vect as a lord of war. Given after Logan and Ghazkull.
    Wracks etting a replacement makes sense. They are the third troop choice for DE, and share parts with the Haemonculus. But only finecast replacement? Plastic Incubi have been fairly reliably rumored as well.
    New Warmachine? Makes sense- Dais of Destruction with Vect so he has a kit.

My guess- 3 week release
    Week 1
    Void Raven, Incubi 5 pack
    Week 2
    Codex, Wracks 10 pack, Archon clampack, maybe Succubus clampack
    Week 3
    Vect on Dais of Destruction, Cabal of the Black Heart supplement, Dark Eldar raiding force box set.

Duke, Lady Malys, Baron removed. Crystal Heart, Baron's Skyboard become relics. Duke's reroll combat drugs ability becomes a warlord trait.

yeah the special character's that everyone uses with no models, gone. leaving us with special character's that rarely see any table time. But as they have only recently (for DE anyway) released nearlythe entire army's range maybe, just maybe they did some work on character's. Especially if they are thinking of profit. Im not going to buy more wracks just to replace my failcast ones, but a baron or duke model yes please

I don't much care for most of the named HQs without models, but I'll be sad to see Lady Malys go. I like the narrative choice she brings DE players as a named archon who is a political rival of Vect that presents a real threat to him. It also provides narrative justification for an epic DE vs. DE battle. Would also love to see GW do a great female archon model.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Bligh is the lead writer for Forge World.

The other thing always to bear in mind is that the codex authors don't work in a vacuum. There are things the company wants to do. There are the miniatures designers and artists. There are the other authors in the studio, people they play games with and discuss the game with every day. And so on. I like the shift towards naming the whole Design Studio as the author; it's more accurate and probably better for everyone's sanity.
    I'll note that you mentioned their design staff discusses the rules, but no one actually playtests.

Also, the reason why they name the whole studio? Probably to avoid net rage against that individual...

Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    Probably to avoid net rage against that individual...
    Not that that stops people from still blaming Ward...

No completely new units and characters and a new warmachine are contradictory.

Also Vect doesn't have a model, so why isn't he being removed? If he is the new warmachine then why not just say so?

Seems like a load of bollocks.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Vect HAS a model (1999) its just no longer sold (altough you can order parts of his model via web store).
    No complete new units and a new warmachine is not contradicting. The first most probably refers to codex entries (same as the gre knights... I knew it -.- ) while the second could either bei the dais or the voidraven (which are not new but without model).
    The rumors may be completely unreliable but this is indeed the same pattern we saw with grey knights. Rushed out, no new releases, bland codex.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast