BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Wrong. And I suspect you know that, but seem determined to pick a fight.

Previously, Dark Eldar could jump pretty much any unit early on. Now? Now you have to decide which bite to take in the early turns, and which to take in the later turns.

And that's assuming power from pain works according to how the interwebs claims - it may not.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Previously, Dark Eldar MUST jump pretty much any unit early on.
    FIFY

There is no "bite to take" on later turns. Because "later turns" is where your stuff is dead when you did not do enough damage in previous turns. Glass cannon. This is no CWEldar codex where you can do such things and still be quite safe from retailation through 3+ saves, 12 AV vehicles and rerolls across the army.
    Wow. Even WD claims that this is the way PfP works.

You are free to to bath in your disbelive. I for my part will wait for the codex to prove you wrong. Again.

So you've always just hurled your stuff headfirst into whatever, without stopping to think about which units might be better left until later?

And you feel the issue is with the rules?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So you've always just hurled your stuff headfirst into whatever, without stopping to think about which units might be better left until later?
    Are you trying to troll on purpose?

Thats not what I said.
    You claim that you have to be more carful with your target priorities. I told you that you already HAD to be super careful with your target priorities. You continue to ride on target priority and how you are supposed to not jump on priority targets because of possible new rules. I tell you that you have to jump hard on priority targets or else they will eradicate your army.
    You conclude "Lol he jumps on everything"

I think Im not the one with issues here...

It's exactly what you said.

You 'corrected' my earlier post to say 'Previously, Dark Eldar MUST jump pretty much any unit early on. '

Please, pick an argument, ideally a coherent one and stick with it.

We were still talking about priority targets as that was the only point we agreed on.
    So you are jumping away from "priority targets" and tell me to stay coherent?

This doesn't come down to a power issue when we're talking about the new PfP rule. For me it's simply counter intuitive for how a raiding army works. The old system encouraged dark eldar to aggressively attack weak enemy units, building up their pain until they were ready to deal with the tougher enemy units. It encouraged a raider type playstyle where you were rewarded for "cruelty" and "cunning" as well as risking your assets.

The new rule encourages husbanding your force, in effect waiting for your power to build, only hitting your enemy when he threatens you or when you need a quick objective, then using whatever forces you have left at the end to crush your enemy.

My two big issues with the new rule are that it represents the DE more in the role of a defender against a raiding force, holding off the unexpected strength of the enemy while waiting for reinforcements, and second, that the dark eldar as an army are too fragile to make such a tactic particuarly viable. PfP shows the massive misunderstanding of game design and the lazy, poorly thought out approach that GW is famous for.
    Last edited by Uberbeast; 09-29-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uberbeast View Post
    PfP shows the massive misunderstanding of game design and the lazy, poorly thought out approach that GW is famous for.
    What do you expect from a model company that just happens to write rules?
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    What do you expect from a model company that just happens to write rules?
    If GW wants to hide behind that excuse, they need to lower the price on their rules. Compare GW's behavior to Privateer Press. Privateer Press is writing better rules at a lower price. The models come with a card with the rules already on it. They might not quite match GW's model quality but they have really nice models.

I say all of this as a fluff player who does not enjoy competitive play. I want a clear, well tested rule set. I'm tired of the 15-30 minute breaks in a game to have to research a poorly written rule. It breaks the immersion into the game.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/09/white-dwarf-36-przecieki-leaks.html"]Grot Orderly[/URL] 9-29-2014

Dark Eldar Week 3 Prices
    Little bird has passed the following info.
    There will be no pics, even though I received some, since GW does not want me to their stuff, before the release date... oh well.

Eldar Archon model
    £14, €18, USD23, AU25 // 70zł

Eldar Succubus model
    £14, €18, USD23, AU25 // 70zł

Haemonculus Covens - Codex Supplement
    £30, €39, USD50, AU60 // 150zł
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast