BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

They still have plasma. You can also read that in the WD battle report where wyches used their plasma granades to blow up a Wyvern

Incubi never had grenades and they are not modeled on them, no reason to give them nades when they got nerfed anyways (yey! The Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors without Exarch powers!).

Least not that the author saw so far. You never know.

Does sound like much has changed though.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    They still have plasma. You can also read that in the WD battle report where wyches used their plasma granades to blow up a Wyvern

Incubi never had grenades and they are not modeled on them, no reason to give them nades when they got nerfed anyways (yey! The Dark Eldar Aspect Warriors without Exarch powers!).
    They should have given them 'counts as assault grenades' for their tormentors, which are in the fluff. Idiots.

I'm not worried about the Ravager losing aerial assault as much as I'm worried about them losing their armor, like the Voidraven did. It would suck to lose the only DE vehicle that can't easily be destroyed by boltguns.

People who are all that worried about the aerial assault loss are forgetting that Ravagers didn't have aerial assault in 3rd edition, and DE players still spammed Ravagers back then as the best HS choice. Also, they can still fire 2 or their 3 weapons at full BS after moving at cruising speed, which, although an annoying nerf, isn't a total loss.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Krayd View Post
    Idiots.
    This sums the current direction up perfectly.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chaplain

About the only bright side I can see with this book is the removal of harlequins. It could mean they will make a supplement for them. Otherwise, it's just nerfs and disappointment.

It's such a reversal from the last DE release/codex. Beautiful, new models and a book with solid choices.. Now, removal of about half of the selections from the HQ section, removal of an elite choice, universal nerfs to almost every unit, very few new models.

I don't think I will sell my DE models as I really want to paint them.. but I have no urge to field the army or pick up any of the new models. The succubus is tempting but I doubt I would ever want to use it. I've never been so disappointed about a release before. I usually managed to find something positive but not this time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    About the only bright side I can see with this book is the removal of harlequins. It could mean they will make a supplement for them. Otherwise, it's just nerfs and disappointment.
    I was hoping for updated harlequin rules but I guess they found having them in both Eldar books troublesome. I am really excited about the possibility of a full Harlequin supplement (hopefully something better then the cash grab codex they called the Legion of the Damned)... I would expect that we will not see anything until they circle back to redoing the Eldar codex at some point in the future.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

My only bright side is the only model i need to have every option is the voidraven. So in a few months time ill be trolling E-bay for one. And i has anyone heard if the beasts are going made into a plastic kit or remain failcast?

Probably remain failcast as the rest of the models which were not made plastic in this release.
    Would go for replacements. There are quite a few that look better and/or are cheaper.

Puppetwars Barghest for example

[url]http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=260[/url]

Dark Lances getting more expensive on vehicles? Ravages losing aerial assault? I rarely comment, but if these rumours are true, not only am I going to have to remodel half my vehicles but I will also have less things to play with and they will be less effective as well. Hey, let's have a fast army but force them to move at a walking pace to use half their guns...and I was just starting to really love my Dark Eldar over this summer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Dark Lances getting more expensive on vehicles? Ravages losing aerial assault? I rarely comment, but if these rumours are true, not only am I going to have to remodel half my vehicles but I will also have less things to play with and they will be less effective as well. Hey, let's have a fast army but force them to move at a walking pace to use half their guns...and I was just starting to really love my Dark Eldar over this summer too.
    1. Pop the sponsons off (unless you've glued them in. Personal choice!)
    2. Use as a Raider
    3. Profit?

Dunno. Your list may be Raidered out!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast