BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by abadon58 View Post
    I am with dpal666, mine have been on the shelf since the last codex came out, so much finecast that was ****e to work with even if the sculpts were nice.
    Think DE and Necrons had the most finecast and have both armies
    Well they were right into the GW Finecast madness. Fingers crossed we have so good plastic models coming!

Scout

Actually there is one thing I really want. I want a new model for the Dais of Destruction. Mine got lost in one of he moves.

Quote Originally Posted by abadon58 View Post
    I am with dpal666, mine have been on the shelf since the last codex came out, so much finecast that was ****e to work with even if the sculpts were nice.
    Think DE and Necrons had the most finecast and have both armies
    Really I love Finecast as a conversion material, I rate it just above old school lead and below plastics. White metal however can go die in a fire....

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, I'm actually pretty okay with finecast. You can fix all the defects in it and the detail is really crisp. Great to convert with too. Kind of tempted to buy up some more FC Incubi tbh!

Scout

Finecast has its issues, but I'll take them over metal models any day.

I so want a new model for Vect too!! Although I'd love to convert my own as well if he stays as powerful in the new codex. And yeah, he's definetly becoming a Lord of War, espacially with the Dais.

I can't say I'd much care for a VoidRaven bomber model though. I've been using a Razorwing as proxy for years now and this would just mean I'd have to buy the actual model lol. Plus if it's the codex "big new toy", it would kinda suck that it can come as late as turn 4 if you're unlucky.

I used to enjoy working with finecast. Then I stopped working with it and started transporting and playing with it. My Wracks lose weapons nearly every time they go in the case. Don't even get me started on their back mounted hooks. Goodbye WYSIWYG.

I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book. Wracks being the only ones worth taking IMO.

Basically, they need to cure the codex of its Phil Kelly syndrome where a handful of units are devastatingly awesome and everything else is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    I used to enjoy working with finecast. Then I stopped working with it and started transporting and playing with it. My Wracks lose weapons nearly every time they go in the case. Don't even get me started on their back mounted hooks. Goodbye WYSIWYG.

I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book. Wracks being the only ones worth taking IMO.

Basically, they need to cure the codex of its Phil Kelly syndrome where a handful of units are devastatingly awesome and everything else is a joke.
    That's not just finecast. Dark Eldar stuff is covered in extremely fine parts which love to bend or break, whether in plastic, metal, or finecast.

I'd appreciate a more significant push towards mobile shooting. The "dedicated assault units" are all garbage in this book.
    Welcome to Warhammer ShootyK! That's what the Ork army is like, pretty much. At least Dark Eldar have more access to power weapons.

It would be nice if wyches dodge save applied to Overwatch fire in the new book. Still good against vehicles mind you, haywire them to death. Really, really want teh Voidraven, don't care if the rules are crap so long as I get giant new flyer to look at.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Assault is a bit of a joke full stop in the game right now. You need to practically dedicate an army to it, not a single unit

And are you kidding? Mister Kelly (6's be upon him) outside of the Space Wolf codex writes a lot of highly balenced books. The DE book is actually the most balanced of them all, if you leave Mandrakes out of the equation. Now the "design studio" write books, it will be some units better than others
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast