BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Not too impressed by that Archon - and yeah, id like to see a female one too. The DE range has been pretty good for gender equality...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Point cost seems to have stayed roughly the same if both of the armies are 3000 points. I love how the Imperial player tries to build an army which can make the Dark Eldar look good by not choosing any "efficient" units.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Point cost seems to have stayed roughly the same if both of the armies are 3000 points. I love how the Imperial player tries to build an army which can make the Dark Eldar look good by not choosing any "efficient" units.
    at least you guys aren't likely to lose your inaugural report despite having twice the points and a damned gargantuan creature in the list. Though that doesnt bode well for the book much either
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

GW battle reports have never had optimised army lists, not sure why people still act like this is some kind of conspiracy. They pick units they like and they play a practise match and the new release army doesn't always win.

It's obviously a terrible picture but I'm almost certain this is a new sculpt. Also not sure GW have kitbashes in the studio army very often?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Looks new to me.

I don't think it's a Hellion weapon, as there's no blade visible on the far end.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

GW battle reports have never had optimised army lists, not sure why people still act like this is some kind of conspiracy. They pick units they like and they play a practise match and the new release army doesn't always win.
    There is a big difference between "optimised" and totally stay away from any weapon that gives a bad feeling to the Dark Eldar Player. Thats like going "Today we show Mikes new Imperial Knight army against Rhondas Eldar. Rhonda told us she totally likes Banshees and Rangers and took so many of them that she completely forgot to bring any Fusion, Haywire or Lance Weapons."

@ Picture:
    New Mini. I dont recognise the hairstyle and I think there is no right handed Agonizer (thats all pistols). Also the Finecast Succubus disappeared from Store a while ago.
    Last edited by Charon; 09-23-2014 at 07:14 AM.

It's virtually identical to the metal/Finecast succubus spear (maybe lacks the tassel), which makes sense. The agoniser seems to be new, the only right handed agoniser came with the succubus and it is a different position entirely. Given the lack of old Succubus I think it must be a new plastic succubus.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    There is a big difference between "optimised" and totally stay away from any weapon that gives a bad feeling to the Dark Eldar Player. Thats like going "Today we show Mikes new Imperial Knight army against Rhondas Eldar. Rhonda told us she totally likes Banshees and Rangers and took so many of them that she completely forgot to bring any Fusion, Haywire or Lance Weapons."

@ Picture:
    New Mini. I dont recognise the hairstyle and I think there is no right handed Agonizer (thats all pistols). Also the Finecast Succubus disappeared from Store a while ago.
    That example is quite hyperbolic, neither list is that bad and we don't know what new DE rules may change certain units effectiveness.

The hairstyle also looks new, but the old succubus had a right handed agoniser but its an entirely different shape.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-23-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm going with new.

There's a hair like tassle (fnarr) leading off from the blade and going across the body. The end of the polearm is a different shape (almost Slaaneshi I'd say), and the body is in a more dynamic, pouncing pose.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That example is quite hyperbolic, neither list is that bad and we don't know what new DE rules may change certain units effectiveness.
    I really dont think that there are any new rules which will help against ignore cover autocannons, lots of Templates (with torrent) and ignore cover, shred, barrage, twinlinked weapons. So they picked a minimum in 3k points.
    Dont get me wrong. Im all in with "nice" lists but even in 1500 points I face multiple Wyverns, Autocannons and Flamers of any kind (god I hate that "no escape" rule) while this list tries to stay away from that stuff and instead focuses on units that DE can shine against (Scions, Ogryns)

Would not be terrible surprised if the Report ends with the imperials tabled or nearly tabled.
    Last edited by Charon; 09-24-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Going on a slight tangent.

Did no escape get cleared up with vehicle invulnerable saves?

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast