BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Bore us with fluff? well I for one have no interest in the rules, I'd love to hear more of the fluff tidbits
    Yeah, the rules are secondary to me for Dark Eldar. Always loved seeing the fluff from the different types of Eldar

It's probably why I'm so bummed about the loss of 5 special characters... especially Malys. The Panacea War story and her background fluff were my favorite parts of the soon to be previous codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Yeah, the rules are secondary to me for Dark Eldar. Always loved seeing the fluff from the different types of Eldar

It's probably why I'm so bummed about the loss of 5 special characters... especially Malys. The Panacea War story and her background fluff were my favorite parts of the soon to be previous codex.
    Thats why im still bitter about the complete ignorance displayed by GW when they removed them.
    "her you have 2 interesting characters, they are kinda the centerpoint of DE events now. Btw we removed both as SCs from your books. Hope you like it!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Thats why im still bitter about the complete ignorance displayed by GW when they removed them.
    "her you have 2 interesting characters, they are kinda the centerpoint of DE events now. Btw we removed both as SCs from your books. Hope you like it!"
    While they should have been in the book I can see GW holding them back to boost sales for a potential future supplement.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Yeah, Malys is the one character I did not want dropped Hope she will return in a supplement.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I see some positives out of all this, and here they are:
    1. Deep Strike on all vehicles at combat speed.
    2. Aethersails still cost 5 points, now give you 24" of TB movement, and no longer stops passengers from shooting next round.
    3. Stealth Jinking is a 3+ cover, Ignore Cover sucks, but it's still better than nothing.

When you combine all these together, you might be able to do some stuff. I'm not saying this release is good, it really kills me inside, but this above is as good as it's going to get.

You literally do not need the Voidraven Bomber at all. It's 160 stock with 2x VLs and the mine without any upgrades, if you take missiles on it the price goes up, and you can only buy them in bunches of 4. So no matter what, you're paying extra for them. I still think 3x Ravagers will be default in Heavy, especially now that the Razorwing went to FA.

With that said, a pure DE army would probably look like:
    Succubus
    6x Raiders in core with at least 3x gunboats, 1x Wyches, 2x min Warriors blasterboats.
    3x Venoms with Blasterborn in Elite.
    A unit of Reavers
    A single Razorwing
    3x Ravagers

I know that's what I would take my first rodeo.
    Last edited by HERO; 10-02-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Brother-Sergeant

Hmm. I just noticed that they removed pinning from the necrotoxin missiles. Do DE have *anything* that causes pinning now?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    With that said, a pure DE army would probably look like:
    Succubus
    6x Raiders in core with at least 3x gunboats, 1x Wyches, 2x min Warriors blasterboats.
    3x Venoms with Blasterborn in Elite.
    A unit of Reavers
    A single Razorwing
    3x Ravagers

I know that's what I would take my first rodeo.
    Mind indulging my curiosity? Are you planning on deep striking all of this or are you going to hang back to try to take advantage of PfP in the latter turns?

Chapter-Master

Mind indulging my curiosity? Are you planning on deep striking all of this or are you going to hang back to try to take advantage of PfP in the latter turns?
    Personally I'd completely leverage this decision on a game-by-game basis based on the forces I was facing and what their own threat ranges were.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Personally I'd completely leverage this decision on a game-by-game basis based on the forces I was facing and what their own threat ranges were.
    True.. I am just speaking in generalities though. The reason I'm curious is that a couple of the people I've talked to claim that the deep striking raiders and PfP are a potent combo.. but you'll usually come on the table with deep strike on turns 2 and 3. PfP doesn't really start becoming really strong till turn 4. Just trying to get a bit of insight into the contradiction.

True.. I am just speaking in generalities though. The reason I'm curious is that a couple of the people I've talked to claim that the deep striking raiders and PfP are a potent combo.. but you'll usually come on the table with deep strike on turns 2 and 3. PfP doesn't really start becoming really strong till turn 4. Just trying to get a bit of insight into the contradiction.
    Though it does buy the chance/option to bring your stuff on where the enemy can be easily overwhelmed, or preferably, aren't anywhere nearby, or attempt to pounce en masse against significant tanky threats.

Not foolproof, and definitely far from risk free - but potent all the same.

And being able to buy up empty Raiders and Venoms gives the option of keeping stuff mobile for a relatively cheap cost in points.

Wonder if Incubi are getting their Tormentor Helms back?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast