BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Well I know there have been plenty of people saying its doom and gloom and I am afraid I will have to be one of them.

The most distressing thing I have seen is the lack of assault grenades since PGL dost not give grenades any more , any news on if they get these at all ?

The drop in anti armour options is also a concern, I mean what good are are assault troops if you can only assault a transport and get at the juicy troopers inside? After all poison weapons cant be used to crack tanks so yeah left rather confused about this codex.

The only bright side I see is that Lelith seems to have the glaring issue of her being able to wound things fixed up.....

Guys any hope spots ??

If all these are accurate then DE assault is basically dead.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Not only assault, anti tank as well.

Chapter-Master

Jesus

Is there any good news?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

sure there is:

Kabalites went down 1 point. Scourges and Reavers are 16 now and... hmm... oh! Scourges are 4 weapons in 5.

So... I guess that balances well with all the nerfes to every single unit.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

well....strictly speaking scourges didnt get nerfed....so its not EVERY unit...Just saying'
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I'm intrigured about the sort-of-alleged loss of Heat Lance on the bikes - I mean, it's on the sprue. Seems a very odd thing to do.

But then, not giving assault unit grenades (going on the above list - facts may out differently in the end) seems a very odd thing to do.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Shooting is still pretty good, ravager will be useless if it oses aerial assault. Scourges and flyers are still good anti-tank. Wyches, reavers and incubi are worthless without access to assault grenades, archons are going to suck at challenged but why would you challenge in a ****ty assault army anyway. Splinter weaponry is better.

It's not a wholesale disaster, it's just really bull**** that they managed to nerf already underpowered assault units. What teh **** is GWs problem with eldar assault units? They act like they are overpowered and don't need grenades its ****ing insane, and don't get me started on abilities which don't work against Marine only ATSKNF, **** that ****.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I'm intrigured about the sort-of-alleged loss of Heat Lance on the bikes - I mean, it's on the sprue. Seems a very odd thing to do.

But then, not giving assault unit grenades (going on the above list - facts may out differently in the end) seems a very odd thing to do.
    without seeing the unit profiles I cannot verify if Reavers can take it or not

Not confirmed.

Shooting is still pretty good
    Not half as good as before with price increases across the board.
    Also flyers and scourges never where good against vehicles. 2 Lances do next to nothing (you need around 5 lance shots to drop a single HP on a AV12+ vehicle) and scourges either have to suicide (yey!) or they are getting bombed by either templates or blasts as every high point - low survivability unit of footsloggers.
    Last edited by Charon; 10-01-2014 at 06:16 AM.

More or less what I was getting at.

Also - assault grenades. Think I read the list wrong. It says Wyches don't get Haywire Grenades, but is silent about Plasma/Assault/Whatever Grenades, but does specifically say he hasn't seen the page for Incubi, so can't say if they have Grenades or not.

Seems there's still a lot to be confirmed overall - probs still worth waiting and seeing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast