BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    I'm just hoping they've made Wyches viable again ... I mean outside of as "also rans" in a venom spam list. If not, then all my DE and the new shiney Codex are going up on Ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    A few more bits:

Wyches have no option for Haywires anymore, only the Hekatrix
    No unit with skyfire (except for the flyers) in the codex
    I think thats a No Necron

More News on reavers is that their HoW is S4 (so like scars) and Reding (thats actually mean)
    And they now have Hit and Run
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-28-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

If true, think there may still be space for reavers in my list.

WD may not be the most accurate source for rules as we know they can be wrong but the battlereport suggests the "beastpacks must be 12 strong minimum" as false as its 3 masters and 4 beasts in the report.

Also if the Talos/Cronos are 1-3 per slot they arent a squad of MCs as they are deployed seperate to each other.

I hope Grotesques can take Ossifiers as i have a plan involving 10 of them, a hemonculus and a webway portal....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    If true, think there may still be space for reavers in my list.

WD may not be the most accurate source for rules as we know they can be wrong but the battlereport suggests the "beastpacks must be 12 strong minimum" as false as its 3 masters and 4 beasts in the report.

Also if the Talos/Cronos are 1-3 per slot they arent a squad of MCs as they are deployed seperate to each other.

I hope Grotesques can take Ossifiers as i have a plan involving 10 of them, a hemonculus and a webway portal....
    The beast master was Naftkas mistake, the german source states 12 MAXIMUM
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

More News on reavers is that their HoW is S4 (so like scars) and Reding (thats actually mean)
    Not really. Taking D3 S4 hits with bladevanes (so without having to move into CC with a S3 and 5+ armor unit) over 1 S4 hit with rending any day.

Chapter-Master

Not really. Taking D3 S4 hits with bladevanes (so without having to move into CC with a S3 and 5+ armor unit) over 1 S4 hit with rending any day.
    it wont be a single S4 hit though, it'll be 5-6 auto hits (because its squad size dependent)

It may be a little cliche, but as a nid player (with Gargs and Carni's) once you start getting some bonuses to your HoW it becomes a really really usefull attack.

Combined with HnR means that those bikes are going to be locked and safe from shooting, then jumping and smashing into another unit of their choosing at whim.

Wow...wow. **** this ****. I won't even be able to eBay my army if half of this is true.

Court of the archon is now between 1 and 12 models chosen in any combination from the 4 types (so can have 12 sslyths if you want etc, thissame exact method is applied to the beastmasters where you now dont even need to take beastmasters if you wanted to), Lhamean 10pts, Ur-ghul 15, Medusae 25 and sslyth 25 and can take a venom or raider. Stats wise they look the same as before, some equipment changed though. The Lhamean now has a Shaimeshi blade, 2+ poison with a 6 to wound causing instant death (there's quite a few weapons with this rule). The medusae's eyeburst changed to a S4 template ap3.

Hellion's are fast attack, no way to change, same for wracks (elites) the only 2 squads that change their role are the kabalite warriors when they upgrade (3pts per model) to trueborn and the wyches upgrading to bloodbrides (3pts), they both are then considered Elites.

The succubus has a new weapon exclusive to her, the Archite glaive which can be used 1 or 2 handed, 1handed is S user, AP3 melee while the other is +1S, Ap2 and two handed.
    Succubus ftw. Still only seeing the lack of haywire being mentioned by Charon and no one else so hoping that is a mistake.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

it wont be a single S4 hit though, it'll be 5-6 auto hits (because its squad size dependent)
    Bladevanes were also size dependent. Your 6 auto hits would have been 6 x D3 auto hits (so anywhere between 6 and 18 hits).
    Also they jink for a 3+ cover save which is way better than their 5+ armor in melee, also no Granades.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Succubus ftw. Still only seeing the lack of haywire being mentioned by Charon and no one else so hoping that is a mistake.
    It was mentioned on naftka as being from the german site...so its probably right

Bladevanes were also size dependent. Your 6 auto hits would have been 6 x D3 auto hits (so anywhere between 6 and 18 hits).
    Also they jink for a 3+ cover save which is way better than their 5+ armor in melee, also no Granades.
    Huh, always thought that and caltrops was just a squad upgrade (kinda like a squad wide VS).

I'll be fair, that is bad, but you have gotten something at least in return (its not much but its SOEMTHING)

Its weird I really want to tell DE players to relax and wait till the codex is out.....But unlike others I'm not going to, because I'm more than willing to admit they are able to understand how these changes are going to effect them far more than I am, so I sympathise with you and i hope that like Nids you at least get some love at some point, be it through FW (malanthropes are saving that codex) or Black Library (so are the 'slates)

edit:

NEWS- Apparently GW decided updating the harlie rules was too hard...GONE!
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-28-2014 at 03:44 AM.

Wyches are really dependent on the accuracy of the rumours now. If they do get dodge against overwatch because it works in the assault not just the fight phase, then that's pretty good especially with drugs and the not-so-good weapons and assaulting out of their transport and so forth, even without haywire. If they lose haywire and GW have changed the wording of dodge in a way which actually changes nothing about it then they are pretty meh especially with shooting getting a buff. I mean you give wyches the ability to dodge explosions from a vehicle blowing up in assault and then take away their only reason to assault a vehicle? Stupid.

Not going to worry until I have the book and a clear picture of the changes and how they work together though, still not overly worried. Never liked SCs much anyway so not sorry to see them go, except Malys for entirely different reasons.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-28-2014 at 03:46 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast