BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Dark Eldar have been my main and favorite army since I first started playing. Ever since the Grey Knights dex came out I have been dreading the day they would come for my codex and leave it in shambles. I can honestly say I am no longer afraid of that. These changes aren't bad guys, they are simply changes. We have seen how GW has gone around and taken a lot of the individual flare out of our armies and replaced it with mediocre and bland rules. That is NOT what they have done here. The flavor of the Dark Eldar has definitely been maintained.

Yes I'm going to miss Vect (hopefully not forever) and Sliscus, but this is in my opinion the best dex to come out after 7th edition, and one of the better one's since 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon XIII View Post
    Dark Eldar have been my main and favorite army since I first started playing. Ever since the Grey Knights dex came out I have been dreading the day they would come for my codex and leave it in shambles. I can honestly say I am no longer afraid of that. These changes aren't bad guys, they are simply changes. We have seen how GW has gone around and taken a lot of the individual flare out of our armies and replaced it with mediocre and bland rules. That is NOT what they have done here. The flavor of the Dark Eldar has definitely been maintained.

Yes I'm going to miss Vect (hopefully not forever) and Sliscus, but this is in my opinion the best dex to come out after 7th edition, and one of the better one's since 6th.
    I don't think its more of a change that people are upset about, but the fact that everything seems to have gotten worse.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    I don't think its more of a change that people are upset about, but the fact that everything seems to have gotten worse.
    Twin-linked shard carbine trueborn on a Raider with a 3+ Jink save is totally worse. I apologize for my optimism.
    Pray we don't take you alive.

No but it doesnt need to be "worse" because its bad to begin with. Shard trueborn are extremely expensive (thats 160 for the trueborn alone without raider) and all they do is adding 10 more poison shots. For the same price you get 2 squads of kabalites which have even more shots than 10 shardborn.
    Also you will need your Truborn on Tank duty as they are the only option left in the book after Ravagers lost the Flickerfield und Wyches lost their HWG.

Chaplain

I think once we get the book in our hands we will all feel a bit different.

It looks as though Archons can now take Reaver Jet Bikes and Sky Boards now which opens up some very cool possibilities.

And if the soul probe adds +1 to FnP and you take the Real Space Raider list you could potentially have FnP 4+ from Turn 3 on an army of jet bikes. And being able to take 6 FA choices in a standard detachment is awesome.

And I think Wyches just got a whole lot better as they now get their dodge save against overwatch.

I am a bit annoyed that Wracks can't be troops but sure that will change with the supplement but means I bought two boxes of the new plastic ones this weekend for nothing.

It looks as though Archons can now take Reaver Jet Bikes and Sky Boards now which opens up some very cool possibilities.
    He cant. This was a misread by someone. Skyboard and Jetbike are in the Wargear list but not an option for any character.

And if the soul probe adds +1 to FnP and you take the Real Space Raider list you could potentially have FnP 4+ from Turn 3 on an army of jet bikes. And being able to take 6 FA choices in a standard detachment is awesome.
    Soul probe adds +1 FnP but only in 6" and that thing is on a Cronos who moves 6"
    6 FA choices would be great if they had either objective secured (nope) or were anywhere near useful. The special detatchemnt does nothing at all as you lose all your raiders and Venoms (next to none Standard slots), objective secured and the detatchemt rule only works if nightfight was rolled. 50% chance of no special rule. Joy.
    And I think Wyches just got a whole lot better as they now get their dodge save against overwatch.
    Also nope. They get their dodge in the fight subphase. Overwatch happens in the charge subphase.

I am a bit annoyed that Wracks can't be troops but sure that will change with the supplement but means I bought two boxes of the new plastic ones this weekend for nothing.
    This will most probably happen with the coven supplement. Dont see the added use yet as Wracks dont really add anything special.

Occuli Imperator

Let's just nudge this back to civility a bit more
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Does anyone else worry that the new standardized system for "pain tokens" will lead to DE armies standing off and evading combat until their units are sufficiently beefed up to finish the game? Instead of being fast hard-hitting raiders, they have had their role reversed where their oponent benefits from an early aggressive stance and they benefit by stalling for time.

I think there's more emphasis on target priority. Jump and beat up the squidgy stuff early doors, so by the time you get onto the tougher meats, your pain tokens have kicked in.

All armies benefit from an early aggressive stance anyways - that's how you grab and maintain the initiative. They just go about it in different ways.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yes pretty much as the good stuff only happens at turn 4 and 6. If you cant preserve your army till they get Furious charge (turn 4) you have no benefits. Which is an odd choice for a melee USR which you will need at turn 2 and 3.
    Also Rage on turn 6 is a bad joke as 50% of all games end after turn 5.

I think there's more emphasis on target priority.
    You cant emphasise target priority more for an army that already was all about target priority. There is no "more than best target priority".
    If your target priority sucked with the old dex, you got tabled on turn 2. God Bless ignore cover units.
    This has not changed. The only thing this rule changes is that you want to stay more passive so your units get benefits. There is no benefit when your no armor, no cover, T3 units get blown up.
    Last edited by Charon; 09-29-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast