BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Word in the Dark City is 110 + 3 Melta Bombs to upgrade to Dark Lances. No flickerfield option is quite the bummer too.
    Lmao, is that serious? So they got more expensive and worse at the same time. Hilarious.

Price on those Aethersails though?
    Last edited by HERO; 10-01-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

are you suprised they got worse AND more expensive really? I mean GW has to push that voidraven kit somehow, and based on the leaked rumors to date it certainly isn't going to see the table if its 160 pts for an AV10 plaftorm that shoots (2) dark lances and drops (1) bomb.... If the rules for the new models aren't good enough to sell the kit, punish all the other comparable kits as well.

I've been trying to be optimistic until this weekend when I can get my own book, but at this point it looks like my optimism has not been deserved.

Chapter-Master

are you suprised they got worse AND more expensive really?
    Had to go back and make sure you weren't talking about Wraithlords.

Obviously when things change, some things get favor, others do not.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Had to go back and make sure you weren't talking about Wraithlords.

Obviously when things change, some things get favor, others do not.
    There is a definite trend whereby old staples get worse with each release.

While occasionally models like the carnifex may buck this trend it still exists, one need only look at stealers, wyches, CSMs, Howling Banshee's etc to understand this.

Seriously baring carnifexes I cant remember the last time a kit which was considered a list staple that then got nerfed was ever un-nerfed later (maybe guardians?)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    1. Pop the sponsons off (unless you've glued them in. Personal choice!)
    2. Use as a Raider
    3. Profit?

Dunno. Your list may be Raidered out!
    I've already popped out those sponsons...and have more then enough raiders. Sounds like profit might be the only choice. Although it was three razorwings that I'm most worried about. Evil space elves are sad pandas.

It's looking pretty disappointing, still not the complete disaster some people are trying to make it out to be but certainly it's going to limit viable DE builds to raiderspam. Disappointing that they have boosted succubus quite a bit and Lelith and then completely ****ed over the dedicated assault units. Even Eldar assault wasn't hit so bad between wraithblades and scorpions.

I get the simplifying approach, and DE did require a lot of bookkeeping under the old book. So changing random extra attacks and pain tokens and abilities which require keeping track of stuff makes sense. But removing stuff like aerial assault and haywire grenades is just inexplicable. For the ravager you are literally removing the one thing that made them special so now they are just an expensive, fragile piece of crap and with wyches you remove the one thing they could do really well and then nerf their already average CC ability as well. Incubi were an excellent unit but needed a character with a PGL to be effective and you remove that so now they are just a **** unit with AP2 that will mostly die when they assault anything not dumb enough to be out in the open. It's really bizarre.

People *****ing about Phil Kelly are looking pretty moronic right now, his book is the high point for Dark Eldar now.

Edit: cynical hope: The coven and wych cult supplements boost their respective themed units, requiring you to buy both to make anything but a kabalite list work well.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

there isn't likely a wyche cult supplement
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I do hope the leaks about Trueborn losing Shardcarbines is flat out wrong. I really loved running my shardborn in a venom and tearing up infantry units I guess they are now dedicated MC/Tank hunters just wielding tons of blasters.

At least scourges got a buff (albeit it small since 4 heavy weapons is a moot point on them) but I can work with that.
    Pray we don't take you alive.

Disappointing that they have boosted succubus quite a bit and Lelith and then completely ****ed over the dedicated assault units.
    Succubus was not boosted.
    Yes she can have an AP2 weapon now. She still lacks armor. the only armor she can buy is 4+ save with 6++. Nearly everything can kill her in melee.... no shadowfield for her.

She has a dodge save as well and giving her the only AP2 ccw is still a boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    there isn't likely a wyche cult supplement
    I did sya it was a hope.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast