BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

You can't do critical thinking without knowing facts.

Believe me, I literally critical think for a living.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

But then your whole argument depends on them not being facts. This close to release and such a massive deluge usually are true.

Sure some stuff may be missing. But assuming wjat we ha e is true (which seems a safe assumption) the army has suffered.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

That's not a safe assumption though.

Points are largely unknown. Accuracy is for now somewhat questionable.

All in, there's no way anyone can come to any sort of conclusion at this point.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

What a fun coincidence, me too. I'm still inclined to agree with Charon.

There was similar talk at this point in the Eldar release too, so you know, still going to wait until I have the book and have tested it a bit.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Based on rumour, and at least third hand hearsay.

Stuff we 'know' at the moment is around Man In The Pub legal counsel in terms of reliability.

By all means feel free to worry, that's for the individual. But to write off the army, and panic sell existing armies is frankly bloody stupid and an overreaction at this point.

Hence what I'm saying - play some games before conclusion.

To be honest. You were wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. Every time I keep hearing from you "only rumors, its not going to be as bad, just play a few games"
    And every single time it was exactly (or even worse) as rumored.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that a 18" splinter cannon is inferior to a 36" splinter cannon (when the 18" one is also more expensive)
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that Wyches without Haywire or 2D6 extra attacks are not going to be half as good as they were before (hint: they were not even very good to begin with)
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that no Flickerfields on Ravagers are going to invalidate the unit.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that an Ap2 Huskblade was better than an AP3 one.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that D3 S4 vector strikes per Reaver are WAY better than 1 S4 HoW with rending.

No amount of point reduction is going to compensate for this. To get to a level where you could call these units "decent" they would have to fall to a points level equaling an imperial solider (which at least can get decent orders). The Reaver would have to be around 14 points to compensate. This is NOT going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    To be honest. You were wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. Every time I keep hearing from you "only rumors, its not going to be as bad, just play a few games"
    And every single time it was exactly (or even worse) as rumored.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that a 18" splinter cannon is inferior to a 36" splinter cannon (when the 18" one is also more expensive)
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that Wyches without Haywire or 2D6 extra attacks are not going to be half as good as they were before (hint: they were not even very good to begin with)
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that no Flickerfields on Ravagers are going to invalidate the unit.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that an Ap2 Huskblade was better than an AP3 one.
    I dont know how many games you need to find out that D3 S4 vector strikes per Reaver are WAY better than 1 S4 HoW with rending.

No amount of point reduction is going to compensate for this. To get to a level where you could call these units "decent" they would have to fall to a points level equaling an imperial solider (which at least can get decent orders). The Reaver would have to be around 14 points to compensate. This is NOT going to happen.
    Yup. So unless there's massive, and I mean massive point drops all over the book, this looks to be pretty bad.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

How often do you fire splinter cannons after moving anyway though? It doesn't affect the weapons on vehicles because they have relentless and 18" splinter cannons on embarked kabalite squads isn't terrible.

Plus you're still assuming all those rumours will be true.
    Wyches will indeed suck if the rumours are true, and that is extremely annoying.
    Losing flickerfield won't invalidate Ravagers, with Nightshield it gets a 4+ jink and it can deep strike without paying for it.
    Huskblade does indeed suck but some people thought it sucked when it was AP2 so whatever.
    Yeah Reavers will suck.

Sky remains in unfalling state.

Edit: Oh and splinter cannons on embarked units now get to re-roll to hit rolls thanks to splinter racks, a nice buff.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-28-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    How often do you fire splinter cannons after moving anyway though? It doesn't affect the weapons on vehicles because they have relentless and 18" splinter cannons on embarked kabalite squads isn't terrible.
    Uhm... every time as they were Heavy 6 / Assault 4 ?
    They are now Salvo 6/4, which means still 6 shots at max Range if you dont move and 4 on half range if you moved (unlike Assault 4 which was 4 shots at max range after movement).
    And that was WITH Nightshields reducing enemy range by 6". Both gone. Splinterborn dead.

Plus you're still assuming all those rumours will be true.
    There is a difference between rumors and leaks. We had rumors for weeks. Now we have leaks from more sources which are not contradicting each other in a single point.

Wyches will indeed suck if the rumours are true, and that is extremely annoying.
    Leaks, not rumors.

Losing flickerfield won't invalidate Ravagers, with Nightshield it gets a 4+ jink and it can deep strike without paying for it.
    And how often do you want to force your only Anti Tank weapons to snapshot? With nightshields it even gets a 3+ jink. And then you fire your precious lances on "6". Good thing it will survive to be useless another few rounds. Oh no wait... its a cover save. Not an invul save like Flickerfield was... forget that with cover, most armys just ignore it. And the most fun part is, that Nightshields give Stealth. So they dont stack with nightfight unlike Holo fields or camo netting.

Huskblade does indeed suck but some people thought it sucked when it was AP2 so whatever.
    Probably people with no idea of how bad you need AP2 vs all marine type armies with their 2+ saves on characters.

Sky remains in unfalling state.
    Even if GW goes out of business the sky remains in its place. Still it is annoying.

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast