BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Yeah except Faeit who is posting all these is still referring to them as rumours as well and some have been shown to be wrong so whatever.

Anyway I'm done, sick of all the pre-codex release whining so whatever, its teh same every ****ing release however strong or weak the book ends up being.

Edit: Ok Just going to say this:

If Ravager Aerial Assault stays the same, then a Ravager at cruising speed fires all its weapons at full BS with a 4+ jink.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-28-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yeah except Faeit who is posting all these is still referring to them as rumours as well and some have been shown to be wrong so whatever.

Anyway I'm done, sick of all the pre-codex release whining so whatever, its teh same every ****ing release however strong or weak the book ends up being.
    Doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. If current rumor or leaks stay true, the book will be weaker, period.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

If Ravager Aerial Assault stays the same, then a Ravager at cruising speed fires all its weapons at full BS with a 4+ jink.
    Reread the rule please. Aerial Assault does nothing but let you fire all your weapons despite having moved more than 6" (and thus could only fire 1 normally). It does nothing for jink which forces snapshots not matter how many weapons you are allowed to fire.

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Dark_Eldar_v1.0_May14.pdf"]Read the 7th ed FAQ[/URL]:
    Aerial Assault: A Ravager that moved at cruising speed may fire all of it's weapons using it's crews full Ballistic Skill.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Obviously there's only one way to tell if the codex will be bad

COIN TOSS!

I'm tossing, first one to post get's to call

There is nothing that lets you ignore the Snap shot rule and as such you may not apply it.
    BRB, Snap Shots:

The Ballistic Skill of a model firing a Snap Shot can only be modified by special rules that specifically state that they affect Snap Shots
    Aerial Assault doesn't state that it affects snap shots, so no effect on snap shots.

It literally allows the Ravager to fire at full BS while moving at cruising speed. That is the explicit ****ing wording. If you want to be completely literal then ravagers fire snap shots at full BS.

Advanced rules override basic rules, its one of the foundations of the sodding ruleset. I am so done with this debate now, it's just sad.
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-28-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Yes and the "specific circumstances" are quite clearly mentioned.
    If the Special rule doesnt mention that it modifys snap shots, it doesnt. Same with the Sororitas thingy granting BS 10 against psykers. You still shoot snap shots if you target a flyer with psychic pilot.
    There are not an awful lot of rules that let you modify snapshots (Tau markerlights for example) while there is a whole lot of rules that do affect normal shooting.
    According to your line of argumentation Power of the Machine Spirit could be used to fire at Fliers with full BS as it also allows you to fire a weapon with fulls BS. Not the case either as it does not specificaly allow you to modify snap shots.
    Cant just ignore that the basic rules even tell you that special rules (which would override, agreed) are NOT overriding this rule unless specificaly stated.

Aerial assault allows it to move 12" and still fire everything, unlike fast vehicles which move 12 and fire 2 guns. There is nothing about ignoring the need to snapshoot.

Brother-Sergeant

Wow, it sounds like GW really crapped the bed with this one. I guess my Kabalites will be good support for my Craftworlders.

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast