BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

I had heard the Void Raven is roughly the same size as the Valk / Vendetta which is still pretty big for a flyer but $81 is a bit more than that kit which is $66.

I would speculate that it could be a dual build but it might just be that it is big, bearing in mind that although the Valk has a big footprint most of that is hollow due to the tail booms.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    I had heard the Void Raven is roughly the same size as the Valk / Vendetta which is still pretty big for a flyer but $81 is a bit more than that kit which is $66.

I would speculate that it could be a dual build but it might just be that it is big, bearing in mind that although the Valk has a big footprint most of that is hollow due to the tail booms.
    The Valk was also the first flier model released, and thus cheaper for it's size. If It came out these days, I'd expect it to be priced like the Storm Wolf.

From what I remember of the concept art, if the Razorwing is 7.5" long and 8" wide, the Void Raven is at least 2 inches wider, about 2 inches longer, and it also has the forward cockpit which is a bi transparent section, which probably adds to the price.

It's also probably 3 sprues, since while the Imperial fliers are large and boxy, they are made up of multiple smaller panels, while the DE Razorwing is a large single hull piece that takes up most of a sprue by itself, and the Void Raven is large enough that it has to be broken up to fit. It's also not hard to imagine that the Void Raven will not come with an obscene number of missiles like the razorwing, as it has those three and a fourth type, and can carry 4 missiles plus the void mine.

I'm doubting that it is a dual kit, as it was designed back before those became really popular. I'm just expecting it to take 3 sprues, plus large crystal plastic elements, which means GW will price it the same as the bulkier Storm Wolf which also uses 3 sprues.

Chapter-Master

I will just be happy to get a Voidraven kit and 'hopefully' vector dancer on the fliers.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Fly Lord

Via Steve the Warboss 9-10-2014

-Void Dragon is in the Dark Eldar Codex
    -Incubis will be repacked but remain finecast
    yet mooe datapoints for your trendlines...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think he means raven not dragon
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I will just be happy to get a Voidraven kit and 'hopefully' vector dancer on the fliers.
    This. Eldar flyers have them so Dark Eldar should also.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This. Eldar flyers have them so Dark Eldar should also.
    The fluff for the Crimson hunters suggets they are even more nimble than the Dark Eldar fliers though.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Not really, it says they are designed to 'hunt down and destroy all types of aircraft - including those of the Dark Kin'. Nothing about being superior, just that they are designed to hunt them. Given the Hemlock Wraithwossname has Vector Dancer too and it isn't an interceptor there is no excuse for the DE flyers not to get it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Via Steve the Warboss 9-10-2014

yet mooe datapoints for your trendlines...
    Repackaged Incubi without a resculpt. Erm.....why? Already 5 to a box, how exactly do they repackage that?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Maybe like the Dire Avengers... drop the price by 20% and half the content.
    Clampacks of 2 - please your customer base.

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast