BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Size isn't the deciding factor as the material its made of it relativly cheap, the difference in plastic cost of a wave serpent and a Mek Gun is negligable, its complexity of the mold, and the fact that a box is a box, you have to transport it, pack it, stock in and pay someone to sell it, they're similar costs no matter the model, things that have a higher turnover, like Tactical Squads, Wave Serpents and such, can be a lower price as they will make it up in volume, Big Gunz aren't going to be a big seller so are going to cost more.

I have 3 myself (all you need for a unit, 5 seems to be overkill to me) and they're great models really well done, don't forget each comes with 5 grots as well, which are mostly interchangeable with the existing grot models for that all important Orky uniquness.
    I don't see why Mek Gunz would sell fewer models than Wave Serpents. You can run five Mek Gunz in one slot, and they did their best to try to make you buy multiples if you want to swap weapons (you can fudge it, granted). You're not going to have many more than five Wave Serpents in an army. The boxes aren't as big as the Wave Serpent, and I doubt the molds are that much more complex (if at all).

For me, I'm sticking with my older artillery. People have no problem with me using Pulsa Rokkits as "Bubble Chukkas," for example. If I need others, I'll convert them. But heck, they stuffed Heavy Support so tight that it's often hard to find room for even one gun battery (with the new Orkanauts, Lootas now in there, Flash Gitz, Battlewagons, Looted Wagons, Deff Dreads, and Killer Kanz).

Well, you partly answered your own question with the stiff competition for Heavy Support, but maybe also because Mek Gunz cost more pounds than they do points?

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I don't see why Mek Gunz would sell fewer models than Wave Serpents. You can run five Mek Gunz in one slot, and they did their best to try to make you buy multiples if you want to swap weapons (you can fudge it, granted). You're not going to have many more than five Wave Serpents in an army. The boxes aren't as big as the Wave Serpent, and I doubt the molds are that much more complex (if at all).

For me, I'm sticking with my older artillery. People have no problem with me using Pulsa Rokkits as "Bubble Chukkas," for example. If I need others, I'll convert them. But heck, they stuffed Heavy Support so tight that it's often hard to find room for even one gun battery (with the new Orkanauts, Lootas now in there, Flash Gitz, Battlewagons, Looted Wagons, Deff Dreads, and Killer Kanz).
    Eldar are a more popular army, Wave serpents are a more popular choice, loads of reasons.

And the molds are much, much more complicated than the Wave Serpent, the level of detail is above and beyond because its a much newer kit.

Anyway, as stated, price isn't dependant soley on volume of plastic or points cost, but more on predicted sales volume and costs, like with any business, there are many factors that weigh into it, the "goblin index" is a thing, but you can't use that to make a loss on a model.

when a haemonculus is more expensive than Urien, thats odd. Though, I suppose we havent factored in extra bits yet. there was a rumor going around that the Wracks have bits to convert your vehicle crew...now if thats in addition to the normal bits, I'd say its well worth the price

Quote Originally Posted by deathadder View Post
    when a haemonculus is more expensive than Urien, thats odd. Though, I suppose we havent factored in extra bits yet. there was a rumor going around that the Wracks have bits to convert your vehicle crew...now if thats in addition to the normal bits, I'd say its well worth the price
    Given that the White Dwarf has photos of Raiders and Venoms with Wrack crew, I'd say it's not a "rumor." The conversion article is to add other bits to your Raiders to make them even more... um, Wrack-y? Stuff like the tentacles and all from the Talos kit.

Chaplain

AFAIK there are enough bits to make 5 Wracks with lots of options plus 2 vehicle crew / hangers on.

So sort of 7 models in the box.

That's the impression I get, could be wrong but there are apparently loads of bits left over to use on other models.

Here's a thought, would it be possible to mix 2x box of Wracks and 1x box of Warriors (or maybe Wyches, to get the melee arms) to make a total of 20 Wracks? Using spare bits to dress up the Warriors as Wracks who are still in the process of being "enlightened" by the Haemonculi?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Here's a thought, would it be possible to mix 2x box of Wracks and 1x box of Warriors (or maybe Wyches, to get the melee arms) to make a total of 20 Wracks? Using spare bits to dress up the Warriors as Wracks who are still in the process of being "enlightened" by the Haemonculi?
    It would be a pain to convert but mandrakes might look better for this instead of warriors. They also have the kilts and bare chests like the wracks do. I am doubtful that the mandrakes rules will change enough to make them worth taking outside of fluff games. My 10 mandrake models will probably spend the next 5-6 years serving as chaos cultists.

I dunno, give Mandrakes Rending, and you've got a pretty pokey unit.

Whether they get it or not is quite another thing
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I dunno, give Mandrakes Rending, and you've got a pretty pokey unit.

Whether they get it or not is quite another thing
    I sure wouldn't turn down rending. My preference would be to add deep strike and to start with a pain token. That would let them harrass support units with their shooting attack and give them a chance during CC.

Sorry to wish list but they have such a nice model... it's a shame that their rules lumped them on the shelf with my banshees.

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast