BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Harlequins would make a good mini-dex along the lines of imperial Knights and Militarum Tempestus. They could really do with a plastic kit and a few characters as well.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Its almost like they are doing a full reboot of armies in 7th in the same way they did in 3rd except every one got a "default" army list in the rule book which got over written by the next generation of codexes.

Only this time they are doing a slow and painful dumbing down one at a time to milk cash.

I would say the worst part of this slow death for the armies in 7th is the lack of feedback to the gaming community about how every one hates it.

Sorry for sounding all doom and gloom but it appears that GW doesn't want to just tone down assaulting, but damn near kill it with radioactive fire.

I don't think even my Blood Angels, being marine/posterboys, are going to be immune to this.

Dont worry. Its Space Marines. Look at the recent Space Wolfes...
    As long as there is an Aquila somewhere on the model, you are save from getting utterly shafted. And if you get the bad end of the stick, you are still Battlebrother with over 50% of all existing armies.
    Its like Imperium is the thing to play if you are the bright shining hero and everything else is just there to help the imperial players out to feel like heroes.

You just need to look at the horrible tyranid fluff in the codex where they get slaugthered and outwitted in every single battle.

Chapter-Master

Instead of the "Time of Ending" 40k is supposed to represent the rules feel very much like they are written for a 30k Imperium cheer squad! I foresee a neutering on the horizon for both the Tau and Eldar.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Instead of the "Time of Ending" 40k is supposed to represent the rules feel very much like they are written for a 30k Imperium cheer squad! I foresee a neutering on the horizon for both the Tau and Eldar.
    well that is annoying eldar is my other army.

Ah just waiting for Necrons losing Tesla, reanimation replaced by FnP 6+ and Gauss doesnt work against vehicles anymore. Would fit the trend.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Nothing more annoying that the "EXPECT A NERF" dude... well that's not true - but it certainly gets under fingernails, especially since I feel that since I don't indulge in the WAACness I don't deserve to be nerfed.

Anyways...

Hopefully the new CEO will start an outreach program with the community and let us directly talk to the design studio about what we'd like to see in our armies.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Nothing more annoying that the "EXPECT A NERF" dude... well that's not true - but it certainly gets under fingernails, especially since I feel that since I don't indulge in the WAACness I don't deserve to be nerfed.

Anyways...

Hopefully the new CEO will start an outreach program with the community and let us directly talk to the design studio about what we'd like to see in our armies.
    Glad to oblige. I'm actually quite the fanboy but GW's string of recent codex changes have been bland at best. I secretly hope they have a Marvel movie type plan and aren't just floundering around.

Eldar are currently a WAAC player's dream which makes me sad as I've loved the army throughout the editions. Playing them at a tournament in their current form is almost a guaranteed nerf to your Sportsmanship score.

Fingers crossed that the new CEO finds a way to engage the community in a meaningful way. They can't even be bothered to update FAQs at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side if the Dark Eldar rumors play out noone will be concerned about you playing them at a tournament.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

There is a guy over at Darkcity who has a codex (had to submit pictures to the mods to get his Q&A thread unlocked) and is answering questions.

So far:

Talos are 1-3 in a unit.
    Cronos the same but cant mix with Talos.

Kabalites are the same allthough PGL is as rumoured soulblight (no way of getting defensive grenades). 8 points and may take a raider even though a unit is 10+. (I guess there is a misunderstanding and he really means that Kabalites can take Raiders when they are more than 10 models and nt that kabalites are 10+)

Only power swords (means not other energy weapons) and Agonisers which is AP 3, poison (4+)

No more Klaivex Powers

Ravager still AV11, no aerial Assault

No more "small" Haemies, only the ancient is left

There is one formation in the dex (not sure if he refers to the detatchment)

No new movement rules for Talos/Chronos

Lhamean lost their "confers 2+ poison to archon" rule (because that would have been nice with the new agonizer -.-)

Razorwing is 130 points, may only take nightshields (which gives steath) and is a fast choice (not heavy). Its not a vector dancer :-( Dark Lances is a 5 points upgrade, comes standard with disintegrators.

Grotesques are the new hit, I think. Same stats but.... they do not blow up and they got Flesh gauntlets + ccw and Rampage. Nice!! Flesh Gauntlets: S as user, AP-, Lethal Dose, poison (4+)

Lethal Dose: 6 to wound gives ID.

Scourges 4 weaps in 5 confirmed

In the "Realspace Raiders Detachment" can you get 6 fast choices, yes. Giving 5+ cover save to troops and 6+ cover save too all others units in the detachment int the first turn AND any turn with night fighting.

WWP is any unit the Archon/succubus/heamon that has it have joint and their transport. Thats DS without scattering.
    No blast.

Transport capacity has not changed, no rides (bike, glider) for characters

Mandrakes much better, stealth, shrouded and baleblast from start. Baleblast: assault 2, St 4. AP4, soulblaze

Wyches are dead no buffs, no haywire, Dodge only in Fight subphase.

Incubi cant get grenades.

Upgrade for venoms is only Grisly trophies and chain snares.... no shields.

Night shields give stealth and the new detachment gives cover in the first turn

Clone field is 4+ inv

Shadowfield is 40 points 2++ and shuts out at end of phase when failed, Archon only (which invalidates the succubus AGAIN, as she has no shiny armor for her T3)

no flickerfields for flyers

Harlequins are out (but still in the fluff)

only wych champion, succubus, archon can have HWG

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast