BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

D weapons are supposed to be powerful. Don't you think it's underwhelming that your giant super uber expensive weapon of mass destruction just bounces off a measley little wave serpent like it was nothing? You can make rules calls on subjective opinions like that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    D weapons are supposed to be powerful. Don't you think it's underwhelming that your giant super uber expensive weapon of mass destruction just bounces off a measley little wave serpent like it was nothing? You can make rules calls on subjective opinions like that.
    Not really as it "bounces off" a very strong and technologically advanced shield. It doesnt even "bounce off" but still glance the vehicle beneath. Also there are 2 chances to completely ignore the shield AND the shield must be up.

Would that be the uber expensive super weapon of destruction that doesn't even ignore cover saves in 7th ed except on a roll of a 6...? Remember they used to be far more potent in 6th ed and Apocalypse but people didn't like them in normal games so GW in their greedy wisdom nerfed the heck out of them.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Not really as it "bounces off" a very strong and technologically advanced shield. It doesnt even "bounce off" but still glance the vehicle beneath. Also there are 2 chances to completely ignore the shield AND the shield must be up.
    My point is, this is arbitrary. You can make up whatever non-rules argument you want, but it's not really relevant to what the rules say, and it often only gets in the way of your ability to understand the rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

My point is, this is arbitrary. You can make up whatever non-rules argument you want, but it's not really relevant to what the rules say, and it often only gets in the way of your ability to understand the rules.
    It looks like D3 hull points occurs no matter what.

The hull point loss in addition to the penetration. You always lose 1 HP whether you are penetrated or not.
    The D3HP loss replaces the 1HP loss.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234