BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Are you a fan? Are not a fan? If you are not a fan why are you here?>< I grew up with the original cartoon show and films and now I'm really enjoying watching the new series with my little cousins and the new toy range is pretty nice too.

I really recommend the new show actually, really good stories, humour and plot development for all the characters. I was really annoyed at first that April O'Neil was turned into a teenage girl rather than a reporter but she actually gets a lot of good characterisation. The show is a little light on female characters though, the only other one being Karai the ninja 'princess' of the Foot clan. who is awesome. Just started on season 2 so NO SPOILERS!
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-01-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

I remember the TV show.

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

I love a bit of turtles.

SHAMELESS PLUG.

I will be at the London Film con in a couple of weeks at Earlscourt from the 11th of July. I will be selling mainly vintage TMHT carded figures, boxed mutations and some boxed vehicles.
    Come and buy them

First-Captain

I remember being a fan of the original series back in the day, but what I like most was the "Original American" comics released in Graphic Novel format in the late 80's I remember reading them around 8 or 9 thinking they were so cool....

Of course I didn't know at the time they were supposed to be for an older reader due to the "Graphic" nature of their fights
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope I'm not the only one here who grew up playing with the toys though?

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    I love a bit of turtles.

SHAMELESS PLUG.

I will be at the London Film con in a couple of weeks at Earlscourt from the 11th of July. I will be selling mainly vintage TMHT carded figures, boxed mutations and some boxed vehicles.
    Come and buy them
    I'd go if I could. Have most of the original line of figures I think, missing a few. all opened though, have the cards in a box.

The new sewer set is amaze:

Gave the brickwork a bit of a dark wash on mine and it looks even better.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Turtles hit at an odd time in life for me, around the age that is now cretinously called 'tweenager'.

Quite enjoyed the TV series, and live action films were fun (apart from the third. I mean, WTF??). But never been that mad on them, unlike He-Man, Thundercats and Transformers.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one here who grew up playing with the toys though?
    No I had a few of the figures that I would play with, but I much prefered the He-Man figures, and a few years later Action Force (you know GI Joe branded for the UK, because the yanks think we're idiots )

Of course Transformers trumped them all!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Yeah Transformers are better. Though the new TMNT show is probly even better than Transformers Prime to be fair.

Occuli Imperator

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Also....CASEY JONES FTW!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast