BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default United or Split? Thought on =][= codex

Following some of the debate on the News & Rumours. When the DH, WH and =][= get redone, should it be as one codex with plenty of options, or split to further diversify the armies?

I would prefer a spilt, close to what they have now.

SoB for SoB but no rules for =][=

GK for GK but no rules for =][=

=][= with rules for ISTs, Deathwatch, different types of Inquisitors and allying to other armies. This would be the only one of the 3 codices with rules to ally as well.

Agree or Disagree?

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree on part one, disagree on part two, and am hesitant about part three.

Though I love throwing Inquisitors into my Sisters army (I maintain they are not that bad, people merely choose not to learn how to use them properly), the Sisters should have their own book. My final comments on that one, as I do not wish to open up this particular conversation again.

As far as part two goes, the Ordo Malleus is too directly linked to the Grey Knights, with the GK's being the chamber militant of the Order. As such, I do not believe you can have a GK codex that fulfills all the fluff requirements without some showing by the =I=.

Part three is where I am iffy. Doing a full book could be really cool, if done right. However, it also holds the potential to be screwed up beyond all belief if done poorly. I desperately want my Inquisition to live on on the table top, but not if they are done wrong.

Of course, all these reactions are based upon current fluff/rules as they exist, so if GW changes something integral, my opinion may change.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Ideally I'd like to see all three of the ordo's to have their own codex. IF they were all crammed into the same codex (which I beleive is going to be the case) I'm afriad they are going to be screwing the fluff of each. However, if the codex is done with all three included, then certain wargear better have comments like "Ordeo Xeno's only, or Ordo Malleus only" and these stipulations should also be in the force organization areas. I dont want to see Death Watch with Ordo Hereticus or GK's with Xeno's, know what I mean?

@Aegis: Isn't the Sisters of Battle the chamer militant of the Ordo Hereticus, so by your own arguement for the GK's being in a codex with inquisitors so too should the Sisters be in a codex with Inquisitors.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    As far as part two goes, the Ordo Malleus is too directly linked to the Grey Knights, with the GK's being the chamber militant of the Order. As such, I do not believe you can have a GK codex that fulfills all the fluff requirements without some showing by the =I=.
    I'd disagree. Inquisitors may call in the Grey Knights, but when the Grey Knights fight, they do just fine on their own. Inquisitors hunt down the Daemonice, Grey Knights kill it.

That said, without a shift in fluff there would almost certainly be some Inquisition units in a Grey Knight codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Part three is where I am iffy. Doing a full book could be really cool, if done right. However, it also holds the potential to be screwed up beyond all belief if done poorly. I desperately want my Inquisition to live on on the table top, but not if they are done wrong.
    Right, Inquisitors rely on other military forces for, well, military stuff. The Inquisition is an intelligence network, like the CIA, not a military force primarially like the IG or SM's. That's the whole point behind the Deathwatch, Grey Knights, etc.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Put them all on one book.

Aside from the Grey Knights and Battle Sisters, both books currently share the same 8ish units. Condensing them all in one book is perfect.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Chaplain

Actually the SoB only work along side the Ordo Heriticus, they dont work for them, they are part of the Ecclesiarchy.

Me i have to say that SoB need a codex for themselves, as does GK's. The Inquisition should be a seperate codex altogether imho.
    The SoB have enough stregth to deserve there own codex, sure id like to see GW add more to there range, and tweek there rules and costs, but thats been overdone in other threads.

GK should also deserve a singular codex with same reasoning.
    I think the Inquisition should confer rules for all the 3 Ordo's and allow usage within other armies eg: IG, SM, WH and DH.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I'd disagree. Inquisitors may call in the Grey Knights, but when the Grey Knights fight, they do just fine on their own. Inquisitors hunt down the Daemonice, Grey Knights kill it.

That said, without a shift in fluff there would almost certainly be some Inquisition units in a Grey Knight codex.
    Except that in the present DH codex, it is not necessary to take and Inquisitor. When was the last time you played a full company or regiment in a "normal" game?
    Right, Inquisitors rely on other military forces for, well, military stuff. The Inquisition is an intelligence network, like the CIA, not a military force primarially like the IG or SM's. That's the whole point behind the Deathwatch, Grey Knights, etc.
    Inquisitors "can" have their own "armies" though by having a separate one for them, they could work as they are suppose to and call in any backup.

Librarian

Personally I'd rather the SoB have their own book. However knowing GW I doubt it would sell well on it's own so I understand if they just roll it into the comming =][= book. I think there is so little that is truely unique with the GK units that GW could have gotten away with making them and the Deathwatch just another special unit type in the Space Marine codex. However they didn't and there is always room for improvement and if its legitimately new units and not just new rules for the old ones then I could be excited.

Chaplain

*DT puts on his Melissia-proof vest*

Things are gonna get crazy in here...

Just picking up Grey Knights now, and I'd be thrilled to see them all in once SM/Wolf sized codex... Give it a fair number of HQ units so they can make the specific armies (WH/DH) if the players want to... Frankly I see a lot of overlap, and WH/DH armies with a mix of the 2 in them.... 'course, jus my opinion as a newcomer to the army...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast