BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tervigon/Tyrannofex Kit?

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone had heard any rumours pointing to a Tervigon/Tyrannofex boxed set. In the codex you can see the two have very similar features, notably walking horizontally, and also more tellingly the three rows of chimneys on the back. The chitin above the head also looks similar.

I'm reckoning they're going to release a kit much like the Trygon/Mawloc, with a substitutable belly that either has spawning stuff or a big sodding gun, depending on the beastie.

I'd really like to know if this is in the pipeline, as I don't much fancy buying a 'fex kit and butchering it into a Tervigon when I could just wait a few months and get something that'll undoubtedly look much better than my efforts!

Chaplain

Considering GW has released articles explaining how to make the Tervigon/Tyrannofex, I think it's safe to say they're not releasing a kit anytime soon. And by "soon" I mean for the next three years, minimum.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

any chance of linking to that article? i tried googling it to no avail.....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzrym View Post
    any chance of linking to that article? i tried googling it to no avail.....
    I'm pretty sure I read about it here on BoLS, but I could be wrong.

But anyway, the source for which box sets to use for them came from GW... just like they did with the Brass Scorpion.

But I think it was on actual paper, not online.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

It wouldnt surprise me if they released a Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit in the next year or so ie the Tyranid second wave...which the book DESPERATELY needs lol. I also wouldnt be surprised if they released a Plastic Hive Tyrant/Harpy kit in the same vein...at least that is what I pray for :P

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=7300011a[/url]

Here's the tervigon and The DoM conversions. Not a fan of the Tervigon, but The DoM is interesting. Apparently that Epic piece is rare. I'm sure you can convert a Zoenthrope body if you feel like messing with GS.

The funny thing is I over heard someone at my LGS saying "Watch them put up an article explaining how to convert a Tervigone or Tyranofex using three or four kits". Ha, sure enough here it is. Thank you for not disappointing us GW.

Carni Kit, Stegadon Kit, and a Tyrant kit (for its Scything talons if you dont use them on your Tyrant). That's...what? 120 dollars? Oh GW, how you have brain washed so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimthaan View Post
    The funny thing is I over heard someone at my LGS saying "Watch them put up an article explaining how to convert a Tervigone or Tyranofex using three or four kits". Ha, sure enough here it is. Thank you for not disappointing us GW.

Carni Kit, Stegadon Kit, and a Tyrant kit (for its Scything talons if you dont use them on your Tyrant). That's...what? 120 dollars? Oh GW, how you have brain washed so many.
    To be fair, GW.com has, on several instances, shown 'conversions' of Space Marine squads consisting of heads and backpacks from rather expensive kits and even special characters.

Regardless, that whole Tervigon doesn't even need the Stegadon body. Just get the bits of a Carnifex kit and leftover arms from a Trygon kit and you have everything you need. All you need is a Carnifex to convert, and many people are reportedly cannibalizing their now-useless Carnifexes.

Chapter-Master

Grab a Carnifex, and glue a termigaunt to the base.... There, Tervigon
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Sergeant

For Tervigons, The Carnifex cannibalization seems to be the most popular option by far, in my area. I've never actually seen a Tyrannofex fielded, so I can;t comment in that department...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast