BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 3.5k WoC for escalation

So as the name of the thread says, 3.5k warriors of chaos list

365 Lord ogre blade talisman of preservation scaly skin dragonhelm flaming breath MoN

193 Hero BSB MON endurance enchanted shield sword of striking

180 sorcerer lvl2 familiar MoN

190 Festus

285 Warriors15 MoN shields

315 warriors15 MoN halberds

315 warriors15 MoN halberds

245 chimera regen

140 gorebeast MoN

227 dragon ogre shaggoth great weapon

227 dragon ogre shaggoth great weapon

234 skullcrushers3
    3486 points, assuming i can math
    I am required to have a general and his lieutenant. Im considering the lord as the general and festus as the lieutenant. the shaggoths I'm not too sure about atm, but I figured the str8 hits thanks to great weapons will be very usefull against the lizardmen players, and hopefully There will be enough threats to get some of the monsters to the dwarves. I'm also torn between running the sorcerer and festus, and just a lvl 4 sorcerer lord.

Unless your rules are different in your league then the Lord MUST be the general since he has the highest leadership. As far as the list in general I would suggest taking two of those shield warrior units and making a single 24 man unit, take the extra points left over and make a unit or 2 of 5 dogs to use as chaff. Dog units are great against dwarfs, they MUST deal with them or they can easily get to the war machines second turn. If they have to use shots on dogs then your small warrior units are 1 turn closer to the enemy lines. Warriors are expensive and you need a cheap throw away unit or two.

The S7 (not 8) hits WOULD be nice but they're ASL compared to the stegadons initiative 1 so strike first, BUT they only have 3-4 attacks. You can assume you'll lose 1 each round but you have plenty of attacks coming back to take them out. Just make sure they don't get the charge or your toast.