BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tank-Hunter Sentinels

Just converted up some Tank Hunters from a pair of old, badly painted Sentinels I had knocking around. They're sitting downstairs with their undercoat drying at the moment, but here's the shots of them with the weapons finished and glued on.

The weapons in question are Dominator-class Heavy Antimateriel Cannon (counts as Lascannon); just gives a little bit of visual difference to the pair of them. The weapons have an automatic breech ejection system round the back, as well as the old Bren-gun style magazine to give them that rickety old weapon feel.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Your gun, it's so big.....

it's so big.....

(And yes, both pilots are female. )

yeah that's about right.

Those guns would look great on a chimera or taurox kitted out like an armored car. With like 20 shell casings flying all over the place.

Reminds me of the German 3.8 flak gun, that big ol' magazine that you'd empty in 5 seconds

All painted up:

Battle-Brother

Looks amazing with that suitably hefty cannon!

Well that looks suitably terrifying! Is this for a Sisters counts-as army?
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Nicely Done, that autocannon looks amazing!
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Is this for a Sisters counts-as army?
    Nope.

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?45369-The-Women-of-The-Bifrosti-121st-Astra-Militarum-Regiment[/url]

I have a Sisters army, but I am something of an infamous feminist, so wherever possible, I try to include female models in all my armies. There are many reasons for this.

1.) It encourages more female gamers to actually pick up 40K at our school games club.
    2.) Female models look f***ing badass.
    3.) Personally, I am utterly sick of male models all the f***ing time.
    4.) I am even more sick of emaciated skeletons with double D breasts wearing the standard military issue corset, suspender belt and high heels. I have female friends who serve, and that crap is demeaning to them and their courage.
    5.) My partner thinks they're cool, and started to play 40K as a result.
    6.) It's the 21st century now. Come on, this shouldn't even be a thing any more.
    and finally
    7.) Dear god, have you seen how crisp the Statuesque Miniatures sculpts are compared to those goofy damned Cadian plastics? It's like comparing the London Philharmonic playing Mozart backed by Metallica to a homeless man playing the theme to 'Barney' on a bean can using the corpse of a dog which died of syphilis. Those Cadian plastic heads are just the worst. Not to mention all the questionable moustaches which have started cropping up in the Tempestus. It's like, moustaches are maybe fine if it's 1973 and you're at Studio 54, but even then, not really. They just make you look like a creepy sexual predator with a collection of burned tiny shoes in his cellar's coal-fire; they look even worse on models. Not to mention, how do you put on your gasmask safely?

So yeah, not Sisters. Imperial Guard, dammit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast