BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Using a Dreamforge Leviathan in 40k

Anyone have issues with someone using a Dreamforge Leviathan in 40k? I'm just curious what people think about using swapping one in for a Imperial Knight.

I mainly run Grey Knights and the Leviathan fits so well with the rest of the visual theme.

Doesn't hurt that they are 30% off until July 6th either...

Quote Originally Posted by Jgolden View Post
    Anyone have issues with someone using a Dreamforge Leviathan in 40k? I'm just curious what people think about using swapping one in for a Imperial Knight.

I mainly run Grey Knights and the Leviathan fits so well with the rest of the visual theme.

Doesn't hurt that they are 30% off until July 6th either...
    Nine out of ten players don't give a rat's patootie. The one in ten that does is a douche bag.

Battle-Brother

That response really backs anyone who doesn't agree with you into a corner, doesn't it?

My problem with the dreamforge stuff is that people were using it for warhounds, now they are using it for knights. not consistent.

Then again, you're talking to the guy who feels guilty for using maxmini shoulder pads on a few terminators.

I wouldn't care as long as the size was similar. From what I've seent ehre are different sized dreamforge leviathons? One is closer to a warhound in size rather than a knight? Although that one might work well as a Lancer since that is bigger than the standard knight.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Nine out of ten players don't give a rat's patootie. The one in ten that does is a douche bag.
    That kind of hyperbole really isn't helpful to the polarized community.

I think you will find that the 28mm Dreamforge Leviathan is decently larger than the Imperial Knights. So it's not surprising that some people might object to it. Personally I wouldn't care because it's a bigger target and easier to shoot. .

Image from Mordian 7th Regiment blog.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    That kind of hyperbole really isn't helpful to the polarized community.

I think you will find that the 28mm Dreamforge Leviathan is decently larger than the Imperial Knights. So it's not surprising that some people might object to it. Personally I wouldn't care because it's a bigger target and easier to shoot. .

Image from Mordian 7th Regiment blog.
    I don't consider it hyperbole at all. As long as the model is on the correct size base the only person who is at a disadvantage is the one using the larger model, i.e. harder to block LOS to it and far harder to give it 25% coverage. Just because something is bigger in 40K doesn't mean its stats are any better. We have seen this time and time again with Dreads, Monstrous Creatures, and even Super Heavies. My view is a model that looks like it belongs in the 40K universe on the correct base size is should be perfectly acceptable and in my experience it is to nine out of ten people. My opinion of the tenth stands.

Doesn't matter to me. I have a friend who uses it for either. Admittedly though the Dreamforge 28mm model is more appropriately sized for a Warhound rather than a knight, but again, doesn't matter to me. The bases are reasonably the same so I'm good with either.

Battle-Brother

The bigger height will let you see over things you wouldn't normally see over.

I don't see the height as that much of a disadvantage. there's not many pieces of terrain that would fully block the GW knight. Also think that most pieces of terrain that cover 25% of the GW model will also cover 25% of the dreamforge model.

LOS is measured from the gun, not the head of the model. Most LOS blocking terrain standard will stop the gun just fine.

What about the 15mm scale crusader?

Quick Googleing:
    15mm Leviathan Crusader: 4.6"
    28mm Leviathan Crusader: 8.5"
    Imperial Knight: 8.0"

Now, i remember reading somewhere that the Imperial Knight would actually be only 6" tall (8" would be error in GWs website). This would put the Imperial Knight right between the two thus making it possible to use 15mm variant as knights and 28mm variants as Warhounds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast