BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inquisition Nerf Update

In summary:

No more henchmen as troops, not as primary, not even with Coteaz "Lord of Formosa" gone.

Valkyries updated to AM spec

Can take Santic, but no mention of a rule preventing even Coteaz getting perils on any double...RAW he's faction Inquisition and not GK so....

Though this isn't a nerf as such there's no mention of taking multiple detachments....so it would seem one could effectively pick limitless single HQs to attach to every imperial squad....I guess it depends on interpretation of rule book.

Only none nerf was the Chimera, though I suspect that was an oversight....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    In summary:

No more henchmen as troops, not as primary, not even with Coteaz "Lord of Formosa" gone.

Valkyries updated to AM spec

Can take Santic, but no mention of a rule preventing even Coteaz getting perils on any double...RAW he's faction Inquisition and not GK so....

Though this isn't a nerf as such there's no mention of taking multiple detachments....so it would seem one could effectively pick limitless single HQs to attach to every imperial squad....I guess it depends on interpretation of rule book.

Only none nerf was the Chimera, though I suspect that was an oversight....
    Is this the new info from the Black Library Faq?

Updated iBook

Updated iBook
    That is so annoying. The Faq should hit as quick as the Ibook, i.e. the hard copy people should not be 2nd Class citizens.

What hard copy?

So... if people want to play Inquisition with Coteaz and Henchmen troops, they'll just play Grey knights now?
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

That would certainly seem the case, Codex inquisition has no objective secured units.

What is weird though is in having an army of lots of detachments of single Inquisitors is entirely feasible and it would still be a Battle-Forged army despite being made solely of HQs.

Chaplain

As one of the only people I knew who ran a fully Inquisition Amy I'm not too happy about this. Glad no money was wasted buying a bunch of Valkyrie as had planned. The codex has very little merit now beyond sprinkling in extra psychers.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

That would certainly seem the case, Codex inquisition has no objective secured units.
    It's rare that an Inquisitorial force would be focused on claiming territory with their own forces. Making Inquisitors and their retinues and assassins an adjunct to another Imperial force rather than an army in their own right is a step in the right direction. The need for an army is what the Chambers Militant are for.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    That is so annoying. The Faq should hit as quick as the Ibook, i.e. the hard copy people should not be 2nd Class citizens.
    The iBook and ePub editions were both updated, no need for an errata sheet, as there is no hard copy of the book. FAQs to clarify parts that aren't understood could be needed, but perhaps they've not had any frequently asked questions?

But nice try having a dig at GW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast