BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    The iBook and ePub editions were both updated, no need for an errata sheet, as there is no hard copy of the book. FAQs to clarify parts that aren't understood could be needed, but perhaps they've not had any frequently asked questions?

But nice try having a dig at GW.
    I actually like having a FAQ even for an e-copy of my books that auto updates itself. Makes finding the stuff that changed a LOT easier.

Okay we are back to the grey king hits version how ever the inquiz codex is not with out merit( which I will justify later on)
    How ever why did the bother keeping 3 pages of warlord trait (oh and the bit about warlord trait reroll) when no one will use them.
    Warlord traits are characterful and don't suck. But are not game breakers unless you happen to be up against a foe that you inquiz deals with and get a good roll. How ever they don't shine over the normal book traits. So any decent player who wants to attempt competitive should opt grey knight coteaz with the warlord as Malanus inquiz taking a book trait most appropriate to the game in hand. So here are the benefits of the new grey knight based inquisitor list

1) go coteaz gives super scoring, however 2nd Malanus should be the warlord as accesses to term armour is better at losing slay the warlord
    2) grey knight inquiz are better at casting satanic powers ( or at least don't perils as much)
    3) extra psyker buff transports, codex inquiz has many good transports but gk are all psykers so add extra psk dice
    4) more access to other agents ( not that they are currently ultra competitive) assassins , tech marines ( stand in for tech priests) plus storm turkey and dreads ( penitent engine) can make for conversions and fluff
    5) more choice of power weapon, the grey dex is stated power weapon the inquiz death cult and crusaders get swords only
    6) ally with inquisitor dex ( the merit) for 2 more inquisitor . One of the probs with all warbands was the ld8 and only 2 inquiz to baby sit. Now you look after 4 uber scoring squads.
    Further inquisitor warbands don't need the ld boost as they have preists

The preists are the only advantage the inquisitor dex has over the gk dex. Gk still has banisters though it has to be stated have increased in useful ness now that most armies can summon daemons.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

The fact they can 'only' generate from Sanctic of the 2 Daemonology disciplines suggests to me they have the same rule GK psykers do; normal use. Since until the update they had to have Hammerhand or Banishment (actually both BRB RAW). I don't think I would claim an Inquisitor suffered perils on any double if an opponent rolled them; only 6's like GK's would.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12