BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The Best Aegis Loadout?

Now that the Aegis has all sorts of options, including the ability to add a second gun, what bells and whistles would you take for it? The Skyfire weaponry isn't the greatest against ground targets, but with the advent of giant flying locust bugs, it still seems pretty important to take it.

Chaplain

Where does the ability to take a second gun come from?
    The latest Aegis Rules that I'm aware of were in the Stronghold Assault Book and that allows for a single Battlements and Battlefield Upgrade to be purchased (p18).
    In the recent FAQs in May there was no mention of the Aegis, so presumably those rules still stand, unless I'm missing something.

By the way, my choice is Comms Relay.
    I tend to use a lot of Outflanking Reserves and this is VERY helpful to me.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

man, did you guys post this in the wrong thread or what.......anyway, the lascannon is totally OP, it one shoted my dragon the other day
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I would suggest using cannons on your aegis defense line. They are great at taking out enemy monsters as well as monstrous infantry like ogres. On top of that, it will make your aegis defense line actually fit in with warhammer fantasy.