BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What new completely different army would you like to play?

Hi!

If you had LOADS of monies laying around and your wife/husband suddenly asked you to invest more money in to your hobby (), what COMPLETELY different army would you like to have?

Fe. I play Eldar and my second army is Dark Eldar. My son has CSM (which was my first army ever too) and the Orks. I play the Orks occasionally, when my son is up for a game (mainly the rules just get in the way of his fun play ).

That would be the army, i would like to play, if i had a chance to get a new, completely painted and fully kitted army with a snap of my fingers...that would be a whole new style of playing, no more hiding and relying on speed, just going for it and get in to opponents face! I think i have to get the new Orks -codex sometime in the future and have a go at it at our FLGC.

What army would you choose and why?

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Tyranids.
    I love the models, I love the fluff, I love the view of a horde of chitin and claws.

And then GW showed me that Tyranids is not about that what I read in the books but about a few flying kaiju with firearms.

I'm with Charon. Nids for me. I've got a few models lying around somewhere, but have never collected a fully fledged Nid army.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Your main armies are (ATM)?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Eldar/Dark Eldar. Chaos remains shelved until proper codex.

Battle-Brother

My current army is AM. I also have a small GK force. If money was no object...

I'd probably go back to what drew me in in the first place. Marines (sorry!). The first proper army I owned was an EPIC (2nd ed.) Blood Angel army. Loved the red paint job etc.

This time around, I'd still probably go with BA. But I'd start with a full on battle company, with a thunderhawk, 2 warhounds, and so on, just like my old EPIC army!

Edit: In fact. Sod it! I work, I earn a (mediocre) wage. I'm going to start a new project! I think i'll start small though!
    Last edited by swoods; 07-04-2014 at 04:21 AM.

First-Captain

I've bought enough for a small Chaos Marine force, assembled most of the models, but I can't decide on a scheme, I'd like them to be renegades turned in the last few hundred years and use the 100 odd Necromunda models I have as cultists, but I've not been grabbed by a colour scheme yet

Librarian

For Imperium choices, I'd go with Pre-Heresy/Heresy (aka 30k) 6th Legion/Space Wolves.

With a Thunderhawk as center point, 5+ Anvillius Drop pods, 2 or 3 Kharabydis pods, a squad of Predators, and tons of infantry to fill out the rest. They would mostly be Mark II and III, as that's my favorite style, and would probably end up around 3,000 points. My first army when getting into 40k was Space Wolves, love the fluff behind them and their independent attitude towards the Imperium and its workings.

As far as Xenos goes, I would love to do a Harlequin or Saim Hainn force, with Jetbikes, Vypers, Grav Tanks, etc... The army would be completely mobile, something Orks (the main faction I play) and Grey knights can't do well. Even with Bikerz/transports, the Eldar are still superior at shifting around the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    the Eldar are still superior at shifting around the battlefield.
    What he said...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

My main armies that I still own are Grey Knights, Marines and Eldar. I've played Orks, Tau and guard over the years as well though.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast