BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

As of right now the armies I currently play are Orks(nobz), dark eldar, death guard(30k terminators), death company, world eaters, sanguinary guard, eldar, justicarians(30k), tzeentch daemons, grey knights( drago wing), tau (all suits).

I'm toying with the idea of building an all inquisitor army that is only different types of inquisitor and assassin's.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

First-Captain

If money was no object and they came already painted to a high standard, Then I would want a full chapter of Space Marines, complete with Thuderhawks for the troops and the transporters for the tanks, storm ravens, and all varients, you know A FULL Chapter going to war, and I would want the in the Salamanders chapters, all with FW's shoulderpads and accessories on everything!

Of course that's just a pipe dream......

As for my armies I have at present, about a full battle company of space marines which I am customising for Red Templars, just need the tanks to complete it...

Oh and a small force of Traitor Marines, those DV ones arn't to bad, got the DA's from that set too.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

If I had the dough, and the time, I'd want a 30k Mechanicum army with all those neat automata and what-nots. Armies of abhuman races would be neat too, Squats, Zoats, Space Slann, not sure what they'd count as but would be very different and weird!

Dark Eldar assuming they are at least slightly balanced.

Daemons; they and Tau are pretty much the only armies I don't have (not counting Pups or BA's as both Marines) and I can't stand the Tau.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    If money was no object and they came already painted to a high standard, Then I would want a full chapter of Space Marines, complete with Thuderhawks for the troops and the transporters for the tanks, storm ravens, and all varients, you know A FULL Chapter going to war, and I would want the in the Salamanders chapters, all with FW's shoulderpads and accessories on everything!
    I'm getting pretty close to finishing my own actually. Except for all the thunderhawks :S That's a bit too pricey for me.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I've bought enough for a small Chaos Marine force, assembled most of the models, but I can't decide on a scheme, I'd like them to be renegades turned in the last few hundred years and use the 100 odd Necromunda models I have as cultists, but I've not been grabbed by a colour scheme yet
    Paint them up as different Chapters and overcoat with a light coat of grey or black?

Tyranids I think. The idea of metric butt loads of creepy crawlies overwhelming everything in its path, like driver ants, just calls to something in my hindbrain.

Battle-Brother

I'm used to my Imperial Guard and my first army was the Tau, but I really like the idea of having a 'Nid army.
    Something about hordes of space alien dinosaur bug things just really appeals to me. They're the quintessential "evil" force in any sort of fictional setting and that really appeals to me

A lot of people wanting to start Tyranids on this thread. Poor unfortunate souls must be tired of winning and having fun.

Odds are, if I had the money, I would be more likely to try and redo my Dark Elves or Lizardmen than try to do 40k. At least Fantasy has the nerve to straight-up tell you that you will lose 200 man-hours of painting that ginormous infantry blob to some stupid OP magic spell. 40k likes to pretend that melee matters when in actuality half your lovingly-painted army is gonna' wind up up disintegrated by the bottom of turn 2, and that's if things are going really well.

If money were absolutely no object whatsoever, I'd go IG. Because of course I'd go IG if money were no option. They're the most expensive army out there. $100 can almost get you a minimum-sized Troops choice. And don't even get me started on Forge World.

Was pondering this recently.

I currently have Tau and a VERY custom Space Wolves army.

But if money was no object, I would create a combat biased White Scars bike army.

None of this cheap Relentless/Grav Gun/Hit & Run rubbish - I am talking a full on rush to combat force with power lances and storm shields on Command Squads to denote them as true Knights. But rather than bikes I would use Thunderwolves.

That and an all Walker Apoc army with nothing but Contemptors, Dreadnoughrts and Sentinels with an Imperial Knight or two, but everything would be HUGELY converted

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast