BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Erm....not the way it's ever been played before. Indeed, previous versions of the rules made it clear you applied S bonuses after any weapon bonuses....

Will defo check my rulebook when I get home though, as may well have changed.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Erm....not the way it's ever been played before. Indeed, previous versions of the rules made it clear you applied S bonuses after any weapon bonuses....

Yeah, it changed in a very important way. Makes it a lot better for Nobz with power klaws on the charge (which is bad news for vehicles of any sort, including Imperial Knights it seems). The new wording makes it very clear that it's applied to the model's Strength.

It could be that the guys writing the rules for the Murderfang were thinking of older rules, but that just shows some dysfunction in their crew as they have guys writing rules who don't know the 7th edition rules (and that also goes to prove that 7th edition wasn't some long-planned project that has been carefully worked on for the last two years like some have claimed).

Of course, one of the guys talking about the Orkanauts in White Dwarf also referred to them having twin-linked rokkit launchas, which they don't either in WD or the Ork codex, so their lack of knowing the rules (even for a model they just released) isn't exactly new.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

Going to have to check this out tonight too. Order of operations up to 6th gave marine/nob powerfists/powerclaws S9 with Furious charge. (S x 2 + 1 FC)

Baron - House Descanso

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Going to have to check this out tonight too. Order of operations up to 6th gave marine/nob powerfists/powerclaws S9 with Furious charge. (S x 2 + 1 FC)
    Yes, the bonus go before multiply
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Yeah, it changed in 7th. I'll quote the book (got it with me, both my Kindle version and mini-book):

"FURIOUS CHARGE
    Some warriors use the impetus of the charge to fuel their own fury.
    In a turn in which a model with this special rule charges into combat, it adds +1 to its Strength characteristic until the end of the Assault phase. A model that has made a disordered charge that turn receives no benefit from Furious Charge (pg 54)."

So since you're adding +1 to the model's Strength characteristic, it then becomes (Base Strength + 1 = New Strength) x 2 for power fists, or a hefty S10. A *very* key change in how it works. Only it does mean that, as the rule is written, it doesn't add a bonus to any weapon that has its own Strength value, as you're supposed to use that instead of the model's Strength characteristic (which is what FC is modifying).

I think someone messed up at GW and they'll have to errata out FC and replace it with a special rule for the Murderfang, or change the claws to be Strength +1 instead of 7 (which will be S7 normally and S8 on the charge). Until then, thought, he had a useless rule, because they can't keep track of all the changes to their own rule set. (On the plus side, it's a lot less embarrassing now for players to forget rules!)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    So since you're adding +1 to the model's Strength characteristic, it then becomes (Base Strength + 1 = New Strength) x 2 for power fists, or a hefty S10. A *very* key change in how it works.

Until then, though, he has a useless rule, because they can't keep track of all the changes to their own rule set. (On the plus side, it's a lot less embarrassing now for players to forget rules!)
    Wow. That is a big change as S10 comes in very handy! And the rules are changing so fast now it is almost impossible to keep track of what does what, when.

Stop Guys. You are wrong. Nothing has changed in that regard. The core rules section called "multiple modifiers" is still in effect. A str 4 guy with a powerfist and furious charge is still str 9 on the assault. It goes like this: first apply any multipliers, then apply addition/subtractions, and finaly apply set values.

So since a fixed str weapon, like the claws, is a set value, he gains close to nothing from furious charge.

The multiple modifiers section is on page 362 of the digital rulebook.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarl View Post
    Stop Guys. You are wrong. Nothing has changed in that regard. The core rules section called "multiple modifiers" is still in effect. A str 4 guy with a powerfist and furious charge is still str 9 on the assault. It goes like this: first apply any multipliers, then apply addition/subtractions, and finaly apply set values.

So since a fixed str weapon, like the claws, is a set value, he gains close to nothing from furious charge.

Thanks for the heads up! I thought I'd missed a big change when I read through 7th. After so many editions you can start to skip over rules you think you know.

I am really disappointed again how much more ap2 (and ap3) weaponry is brought to the table with the wolves.. although if considering their role to smack the marines up it may be only group who has it justified..

Quote Originally Posted by Hjarl View Post

It's still a bit iffy. I'd be fine with it being S9 for FC power fists/klaws, but that's the kind of thing that, if applicable to weapons and all, should be in the section with the weapons, where it implies the weapon's Strength is equal to double the model's Strength characteristic (which FC adds +1 to).

Given that GW's own rules writers seem to have a hard time figuring out how these rules work, I'm not sure anyone here can definitively say either way.

Lovely mess, isn't it?

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast