BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Depends on what you're talking about. The detachment in Codex: Space Wolves is just a new FOC, which you can use instead of the Combined Arms Detachment. The formation is a detachment that doesn't use a FOC; it tells you what models to use, and they are bought as a detachment. You can't buy models in a formation and claim they count as part of a separate detachment to get them bonus abilities.

With Orks, you can choose the basic Combined Arms Detachment and get ObjSec; or you can take the Horde Detachment, get +1 HQ and +3 Troops slots and the Hammer of Wrath rule if you roll a long enough charge; or you can take the Great Waaagh! Detachment, get +2 Elites and +2 Troops and get a chance to have random units with Deep Strike. With the Space Wolves, you can either opt for the CAD, or you can use the Space Wolf detachment, get +4 HQ, and get a chance to have random units with Outflank. You're choosing whether you want "super-scoring" Troops or more options on the FOC and some other kind of special rule.

Formations are their own thing. You buy the stuff in the formation, that's a detachment on its own, it tells you what the models in that formation get. I.e. if I buy Mogrok's group from Sanctus Reach, none of those five characters can count as the minimum for buying a CAD, Horde Detachment, or Great Waaagh! Detachment (meaning your army can then have 6 to 8 characters; but those five in the formation won't have any special rules from the detachment, and vice versa).

It's a perfectly fair trade-off. Lose one set of special rules to gain another. If you want ObjSec, you just limit how many HQs you can have to 2 and skip on the Outflank rule.
    You're still just making an assumption, albiet an educated one from Codex Orks, but still an assumption. Until we see the codex in English, we don't know there isn't something in there saying they get it.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    You're still just making an assumption, albiet an educated one from Codex Orks, but still an assumption. Until we see the codex in English, we don't know there isn't something in there saying they get it.
    Now I'm anxious to see if we lose object secured to get the bonus HQs... That will suck!

I lnked it in the paint section, but there's a new vid for your GK coming soon (tomorrow) officially; unofficially a redditor posted it [URL="http://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/2cvvv9/gw_space_wolves_painting_guide/"]here[/URL] if you want an early look. VERY well done. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdzNh1JGE4"]Vidya[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Now I'm anxious to see if we lose object secured to get the bonus HQs... That will suck!
    That is the case, but if you want both objective secured and multiple HQs you can just take multiple detachments.

Librarian

I finally managed to get my codex today!

So I accept a Q&A time xD
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    I finally managed to get my codex today!

So I accept a Q&A time xD
    Now I'm jealous!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    The best part is the Spanish names are almost all better than the English, especially for the Tau boxes. You could have a Riptide, or you can have EL CATACLYSMO!!!
    I love the Italian Genestealers: Genoraptors.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thought you had it before? wasnt that waht you said a few pages back?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    thought you had it before? wasnt that waht you said a few pages back?
    I had the early pics a friend of mine let me do to HIS codex copy... but now I bought it on my own xDDDD
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Fair enough. Congratulations. I have to wait for mine to come from the uk
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast