BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Yay Starter box! I wants it! My precious
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Yay Starter box! I wants it! My precious
    So, it's not a starter set as such, it's the "second installment of the Sanctus Reach Campaign", but it comes with a mini rulebook.

Is this the shape of things to come?

Instead of a 7th edition Starter we'll get a series of campaign packs, say one every two codices.

Each will contain a couple of new characters (made all the more essential/attractive by the character cull for the Codexs), but we can only get them if we buy the sets that are mostly comprised of stock kits, albeit at a 'knock-down' price.

Good for GW, okay for us I guess.

I'll bite for this one, don't own any Spikings, enjoying the nostalgia of the Sporks.

What about the rest of you guys?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    ah well there goes the first finecast character, get ready for a purge of all those models guys, if it ain't plastic it doesn't get rules.......
    I hope this proves to be untrue, but if it is, I hope they don't extend their eraser to finecast units like harlequins.

And what I really want is the codex.... which if orks are any indication I should be able to buy around Christmas if they start releasing the Wolves soon!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    What about the rest of you guys?
    Orks are great, wolves convert to Bangles.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Campaign book with Battle for Blistered Isle and first part of Battle for Alaric Prime, 32 pages.
    Interesting that this seems to very strongly suggest that they might be doing different boxed sets, since it states First Part of the Battle.....

But since I collect neither army, this set does nothing for me....

I don't like the dOrks and seriously SW?

I'm a space puppie, hear me bark, woof woof
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm quite intrigued by this.

There's been a wish for greater variation in the starter sets for a few years now.

Who knows, we might even see this become 'mix and match' before long?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

I like this. I'll definitely be buying one. I've always wanted a small Space Wolves allied detachment and I was planning on buying exactly those Ork kits for my small Ork army. This box thankfully fits my desire perfectly and hopefully at a little bit of a discount. Getting a mini rulebook is just a bonus.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

I only want the Orks...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I suggested multiple "starter boxes" with different armies facing off years ago. maybe GW listened

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I suggested multiple "starter boxes" with different armies facing off years ago. maybe GW listened
    That'll be it :-)
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast