BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

The discussion I'm seeing here is about popular conversions and their similarities to models later produced by GW in relation to a recent SW kit, and doesn't derail the thread entirely. The conversation is civil… just don't take it too far out there.

And just a general note: if you see something you don't like that doesn't break the [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_termsuse"]commenting rules[/URL], just scroll past it. And please reserve use of the reporting feature for posts that break the [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_termsuse"]commenting rules[/URL] and not for things you simply disagree with.

Thanks, folks. Carry on.

Baron - House Descanso

The idea of the space wolves "flying boat" is quite curious.But, I think is better something like an 8-leg wolf.Two years ago,in GW Argüelles(Madrid,Spain),Lolo(Manager) and Aaron(Both now are ex-GW employees.But now works in other shops) made this "Sleipnir"(That model have only 6 legs,other two are impossible to put) for Space Wolves,with a "Logan-Odín-Grimnar" on and two wolves(And ravens):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61823_570902806257316_1505979004_n.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	10348

Name:	65122_569235219757408_272388773_n.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	10349
    [URL="http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2012/12/el-jinete-de-sleipnir.html"]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2012/12/el-jinete-de-sleipnir.html[/URL]
    Hey!Maybe one day GW made the miniature.If GW made one,maybe i'll buy one
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Agramar View Post
    The idea of the space wolves "flying boat" is quite curious.But, I think is better something like an 8-leg wolf.Two years ago,in GW Argüelles(Madrid,Spain),Lolo(Manager) and Aaron(Both now are ex-GW employees.But now works in other shops) made this "Sleipnir"(That model have only 6 legs,other two are impossible to put) for Space Wolves,with a "Logan-Odín-Grimnar" on and two wolves(And ravens):
    Hey!Maybe one day GW made the miniature.If GW made one,maybe i'll buy one
    I like the idea of a flying boat - or skimmer boat at least, before I heard it was a skimmer did not like the design as those wings and engines would not keep that aloft - as it reminds me very much of a British Army landing craft, something I have fond memories of. Controls/cockpit in the same place, same long design with angled front, just enclosed and with engines and wings on SW one.

Name:	marine lander.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10351
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    I like the idea of a flying boat - or skimmer boat at least, before I heard it was a skimmer did not like the design as those wings and engines would not keep that aloft - as it reminds me very much of a British Army landing craft, something I have fond memories of. Controls/cockpit in the same place, same long design with angled front, just enclosed and with engines and wings on SW one.

Name:	marine lander.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	10351
    That photo would have been epic if you'd just managed to include the Wolf Team pulling it up the beach...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    There are no words to describe just how terrible that model looks.
    Because it's fantastic. It's all Wreck of the Zephyr as a death metal album cover. It is glorious.

Urgh, really wanted to start focusing on my chaos army but damn, wolves are more metal than csm it looks like. Just snagged a stormclaw boxed set from my flgs (last one, yes I am quite lucky. Find me at a black jack table some time.) and hadn't quite decided what to do with the wolfy wolfs, might just end up keeping them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    There are no words to describe just how terrible that model looks.
    Conversion possibilities... just keep thinking conversion possibilities... and it'll be ok.

As a Space Wolves player, I think I should chime in and say I think that longship is boss.

Before even worrying about conversions, how about starting with a better paintjob? I think part of the problem is it's too blue, like Logan's auditioning for the Ultramarines or somesuch. Get it into the darker SW gray, and more appropriately weathered-bronze trim and it will look better. Not excellent, probably, but better.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Before even worrying about conversions, how about starting with a better paintjob? I think part of the problem is it's too blue, like Logan's auditioning for the Ultramarines or somesuch. Get it into the darker SW gray, and more appropriately weathered-bronze trim and it will look better. Not excellent, probably, but better.
    Erm...
    Without being pedantic about the changes in the names of Citadel Paints, that IS Space Wolves Grey.
    Perhaps you are thinking of the Shadow Grey paint jobs they've been pushng for quite some time now.
    Personally, I am glad that they have reverted back to the colour palette of the first, and some would say definitive, Space Wolves Codex.

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast