BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logan.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	10422
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    that outflank FoC seems crazy good, pay the min troops tax (suicide melta scouts maybe), stick the rest of troops in a Obj secured chart. I dunno, outflanking melta dreads or any dread, bikes, vindicators even seems really awesome to me. Just being able to outflank anything in the book really. Tho I'd keep it as troop light as I could. Stick them in the other FoC with OS. Puts those acute senses to work as well.
    Since neither the formation nor the detachment grant Objective Secured, you won't get it with your Troops. In order to get the rules for either of those, they can't be in a Combined Arms Detachment, which means you don't get ObjSec. This is the same thing Ork players have to deal with using their detachments and formations.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Since neither the formation nor the detachment grant Objective Secured, you won't get it with your Troops. In order to get the rules for either of those, they can't be in a Combined Arms Detachment, which means you don't get ObjSec. This is the same thing Ork players have to deal with using their detachments and formations.
    We don't know that for sure yet. It may state in the codex it's an amendment for the Combined Arms Detachment and does get objective secured. From the photo I have, it mentions something about being an exception to the force org chart.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    If Amos De La Guerra is Lord of War then yes.

Indeed it is. Amos de la Guerra means Lords of War xDDDD
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Indeed it is. Amos de la Guerra means Lords of War xDDDD
    This serious of leaks made me wish I hadn't let my Spanish language skills lapse. I can understand just enough to be confused and dangerous!

- - - Updated - - -

If Amos De La Guerra is Lord of War then yes.
    Also the leaked unit entry page picture for Bjorn has the HQ symbol in the upper corner. I'm not loving the mini Lords of War competing for the same slot as a Titan so I was happy about this.

Brother-Captain

The best part is the Spanish names are almost all better than the English, especially for the Tau boxes. You could have a Riptide, or you can have EL CATACLYSMO!!!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    The best part is the Spanish names are almost all better than the English, especially for the Tau boxes. You could have a Riptide, or you can have EL CATACLYSMO!!!
    I like some of the German names myself. My Ork Deff Dread is called Gargbot because of this.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    I like some of the German names myself. My Ork Deff Dread is called Gargbot because of this.
    I'm also a fan of the German names, mostly because when I was younger my godmother from Lichstenstein used to ask what I wanted for birthdays and Christmas, so I learnt a few of them so I could write an email in German to her. Fond memories of a time when asking for a Warhammer model didn't feel like bankrupting your close friends and family.

Chaplain

Makes me sad that GW has stopped translating the names

We don't know that for sure yet. It may state in the codex it's an amendment for the Combined Arms Detachment and does get objective secured. From the photo I have, it mentions something about being an exception to the force org chart.
    Depends on what you're talking about. The detachment in Codex: Space Wolves is just a new FOC, which you can use instead of the Combined Arms Detachment. The formation is a detachment that doesn't use a FOC; it tells you what models to use, and they are bought as a detachment. You can't buy models in a formation and claim they count as part of a separate detachment to get them bonus abilities.

With Orks, you can choose the basic Combined Arms Detachment and get ObjSec; or you can take the Horde Detachment, get +1 HQ and +3 Troops slots and the Hammer of Wrath rule if you roll a long enough charge; or you can take the Great Waaagh! Detachment, get +2 Elites and +2 Troops and get a chance to have random units with Deep Strike. With the Space Wolves, you can either opt for the CAD, or you can use the Space Wolf detachment, get +4 HQ, and get a chance to have random units with Outflank. You're choosing whether you want "super-scoring" Troops or more options on the FOC and some other kind of special rule.

Formations are their own thing. You buy the stuff in the formation, that's a detachment on its own, it tells you what the models in that formation get. I.e. if I buy Mogrok's group from Sanctus Reach, none of those five characters can count as the minimum for buying a CAD, Horde Detachment, or Great Waaagh! Detachment (meaning your army can then have 6 to 8 characters; but those five in the formation won't have any special rules from the detachment, and vice versa).

It's a perfectly fair trade-off. Lose one set of special rules to gain another. If you want ObjSec, you just limit how many HQs you can have to 2 and skip on the Outflank rule.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast