BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Hoping the freeze/cold cannon stuff is false. After the dull "wolfywolfwolves" approach of the last update, "they cold!" wouldn't be much of an improvement.

Ancient warriors...could just be the new dreadnought plastic kit
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Hoping the freeze/cold cannon stuff is false. After the dull "wolfywolfwolves" approach of the last update, "they cold!" wouldn't be much of an improvement.
    I personally really like the name and concept of the Helfrost weapons. Especially the twinlinked version, which is forever to be dubbed the Bi-Frost gun. It's pretty logical to assume that Dreadnoughts will get access to them, and if the rumor is true, man portable ones in the Long Fang squad should look interesting.

Far better than wolf claws, which are just lightning claws +1, and should just disappear from the codex. Just use lightning claws like everyone else, and have fun with Frost weapons (which hopefully become power weapons with the Helfrost rule)

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Another month long release! Oh, the horror!
    from the point of GW view is a good policy, keeps interest of the army for the entire month, and players have something to be excited for a longer time.

"freeze/cold" cannon
    any information how it will be looked? is this only a heavy gun such as lascanon or smaler too like bolter or pistol? and what about rules?

space marines got graviton gun so meyby its true, these weapons could be a pretty interesting and would look good
    Last edited by Troll Factory; 07-24-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I find it funny that people object to the absurd in a fantasy/sci-fi game. Of course it's absurd. So are space elves, space orcs, and just about everything else in 40k. I remember how silly the squats were. Personally, I love all the goofy stuff.

Chapter-Master

That's true, 40k is pure silliness, It's science fantasy with a more comical approach more akin to 2000AD as oppose to Dune's more serious take - if you want Arthur C Clarke and Stephen Baxter, You're better off waiting for my game

The freeze rumour is probably true, I wonder if they will get any new infantry kits though? I really liked the werewolf guys....
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    I find it funny that people object to the absurd in a fantasy/sci-fi game. Of course it's absurd. So are space elves, space orcs, and just about everything else in 40k. I remember how silly the squats were. Personally, I love all the goofy stuff.
    When did I ever say "absurd"? :P

It's just that incredibly simple explorations of the theme (They are Space Wolves, so they ride big wolves!/They are from an ice planet, so they have ice guns!) do not capture my imagination at all! They feel like stamped out, automated ideas.

I love the imaginative goofy stuff - "Space monks with chainsaws and grenade launchers" is absurd, but it's uniquely absurd. Orks who are so psychic they need grounding staves, and fight with magical summoned feet? Yes! "These guys have a wolf theme so we gave them wolves to ride" is just kinda dull.

It's adding more wheat bits to my lucky charms. I still like the lucky charms, but I'd rather they added more marshmallows :P
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 07-24-2014 at 06:36 PM.

I still want to see it be a form of psycannon, as in "our homeworld is so cold, the chill settles in to your soul, and now we're going to share the joys of being that cold with you, my dear heretics!"
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.3plusplus.net/2014/07/space-wolves-stromfang-stormwolf/"]Kirby at 3++[/URL] 7-21-2014

Grey Hunters are not cheaper, they are still 15/model.

They come with Bolter, Bolt Pistol, grenades, ATSKNF, Counter Attack and Acute Senses.

They can have one model upgraded to a Wolf Guard, for +10 points, who gets +1Ld/attack and access to wargear. (Same as veteran sergeants, except that if not taken, there isn't a “character” in the unit the way normal sergeants are).

They can take 1 special weapon, or 2 at 10 man. They are limited only to special weapons and not heavy as per normal. They pay the same points as space marines now, not a discount and not a free one at 10.

They can also take plasma pistols at 1 per 5 in addition to special weapons.

They can swap their bolter for a chainsword at no cost, on a model-by-model basis, and it specifies that it must also be represented on the model.

Wolf banners are still in, but aren't as good and cost 15 points not 10.

Bloodclaws are 13 points per model, minimum 5 up to 20. Similar as above for upgrades. Unlike what's in Stormclaw, if you upgrade a Bloodclaw to a Wolf Guard he gets +1 WS and BS (to take him to 4/4). They have rage now instead of their former +d3 attacks on the charge.

Wolf Guard terminators are now an entry, as are Wolf Guard non terminators, so no mixing and matching. No more pack leader separating of Wolf Guard to join other squads. Just upgrades in unit.

Logan Grimnar and Bjorn are Lords of War.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Thats rumour reverb from naftka
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast