BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

But it is rare that they change them.

The Ghaz changing is easy to explain as he has more victories so he gets bigger and better stuff.

Unfortunately, that narrative then jars with the new Yarrick model.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Maybe Ragnar is no longer the SW poster boy!

Chapter-Master

Man,I know and I am sorry to wishlist, but I wish they WOULD update all of these old characters, I love the plastic clampack character sprues they do nowadays. Not just SW that need updating either, the Eldar characters like the Phoenix lords especially look date nowadays.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

... And Wolves codex arrived!

[url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/rumores-imagenes-exclusivas-de-la-nueva.html[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	10212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1.jpeg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	10213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2.jpeg 
Views:	3180 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	10214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_3.jpeg 
Views:	2414 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	10215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_4.jpeg 
Views:	2548 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	10216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_5.jpeg 
Views:	1506 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	10217
    Last edited by MarneusCalgar; 07-28-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    ... And Wolves codex arrived!

[url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/rumores-imagenes-exclusivas-de-la-nueva.html[/url]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	10212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1.jpeg 
Views:	1380 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	10213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2.jpeg 
Views:	3180 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	10214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_3.jpeg 
Views:	2414 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	10215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_4.jpeg 
Views:	2548 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	10216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_5.jpeg 
Views:	1506 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	10217
    Happy Dance!

Okay, what the heck are in those special editions to be $180 and $250?!? The Orks had a two-volume set with tokens and it was $165. What more are they stuffing in these things? And why? The Orks set was only supposed to be 2000 copies and there's still copies available (making me wonder how I got 1967 when they sent me a number sticker... unless they stuffed the low numbers on the ones in the warehouse and sent out the rest). If they couldn't get people to buy that, why an even more expensive pair of sets?

Is this just testing the market to see how far they can push it?

I was never planning on getting special edition Space Wolves, Orks were the only ones I'd ever consider (and I almost skipped on it, but hey, it did have two books), but I have a friend who was wanting the special edition for the Space Wolves and now he has to pay even more than I did. It's going to be worse if that second book isn't a supplement like W!G was.

- - - Updated - - -

On a positive note, I like the first Dreadnought (even though it seems a little silly to be holding an axe and shield in its "hands"), and I like Bjorn. I'll probably keep using my current Bjorn model for him, unless the new basic model outclasses him too much. (Hey, he has a classic chassis, that makes sense, right?)

The Murderfang, though... Um... If the over-use of Murder Murder Murder didn't already annoy me, that model looks bleh. Way too much wolf stuff thrown on all over the model like they want to remind you it's Space WOLVES, a shield on the shoulder for no reason, and it looks like they "borrowed inspiration" from Wolverine after a fight with Ice Man for his weapons. If it never loses its sharpness or anything (which means it doesn't wear down with use), how do the claws seem to be chipped up? For that matter, how did they actually get them from wherever they were to install in the Dreadnought's knuckles? That would imply they can be cut, which means they can be damaged, which means with use they *will* lose their sharpness and need to be re-sharpened. And in just five minutes I've put more thought into that model and its background than anyone at GW did.

It's like the ******* love-child of Nagash and Lemartes v1...

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Happy Dance!
    lets out a unintelligible sound of lust.. then drools possibly on the verge of slobbering.

Yeah, Likes.. Me likely alot.. So.. um.. we can have three Elites.. so we can have two of the Ven dread axes.. one Murder fang, or normal shooty dread and Bjorn as a hq?

I might just do unbound.. and have a March of the Ancients.

Battle-Brother

"I might just do unbound.. and have a March of the Ancients"

That sounds like a great idea!

I gotta admit- Bjorn looks badass. That's a model I'd pick up just to paint and put on a display shelf.

Also, "Murderfang" would make a lot more sense if it was named "Wulfen Dreadnought" instead... since that's what it appears to be.

- Animosity

Quote Originally Posted by AnimosityCampaigns View Post
    I gotta admit- Bjorn looks badass. That's a model I'd pick up just to paint and put on a display shelf.

Also, "Murderfang" would make a lot more sense if it was named "Wulfen Dreadnought" instead... since that's what it appears to be.

- Animosity
    Yeah, I'm really not getting why it's called a Murderfang with Murderclaws who has Murderlust. None of that sounds even remotely right for the attitude of the Space Wolves. Murder is a cold, brutal act of unnecessary violence. Space Wolves are all about doing violence "the right way." Murder just feels like something they'd consider a cowardly act, not something they'd want to slap all over one of their living ancients. Even if it is an ancient Space Wolf who devolved due to the Wulfen.

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast